Viking Tempo review

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
Jenko
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Big Aluminium One

Re: Viking Tempo review

Post by Jenko »

maverick wrote:Only question, have you registered the yak and do you have a boat licence?
You might have to speak a bit louder I didn't hear that question!

Have you registered the yak and do you have a boat licence? lol :shhh: :mrgreen:
Cheers Gary...
WestVic Signs 0429 184 940
I got a sweater for Xmas, really wanted a moaner or screamer.

Flathead PB 83cm Bream PB 43cm Luderick 38cm
vikodin
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2016 Hobie Outback

Post by vikodin »

I did a speed test on the 40lb mini kota and in 5th or top gear it does a blistering 7.5 kph = 4.04967603 knots to 8 kph = 4.31965443 knots.
Considering the current flow at Port Phillip heads gets up to six knots under normal conditions and may exceed nine knots in extreme conditions. I don't think I'll try for Kingies there this season.
Dexter
kayak: Ocean Kayak

Post by Dexter »

I have been out demo'ing a few yaks in the last few weeks. Kayaks for me are hard to settle on cuz I am a big bloke of 130kgs.
Perception Swing: Best all around for the little guys under 100kgs. Fast Stable and Vesatile
Cobra Tourer: The most impressive to be for stability, speed, and tracking. you can see the potential for this kayak. Best factory finish of the Cobras I tested. Imagine a fast Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT
Cobra Fish and Dive: I looked forward to playing with this for almost a year and when I finally did, it left much to be desired. The wind kills it, it's too wide for an efficent paddle stroke, and the foot wells were too narrow. you sit pigeon toed with your knees pointed inward. The positive thing was that it was a dry ride.
Cobra Explorer: Pesssssshhh NOT IMPRESSED you're better off with the Perception Swing by far!
Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT: Roomy, semi slow but faster than the Fish and Dive by a long shot. Very comparable to the Cobra Tourer for stability. I've heard that this one is a top choice for landbased boys that use kayaks to get to their spot.
Will be trying out a couple more from Kayak Direct shortly!
FYI, Kayak direct has a top secret design coming into New Zealand from Aussie shortly. I've seen the pics and it's impressive looking. comes with an electric trolling motor. It's called the "Tempo Fisher"
Knogg
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler 12,COBRA,Fish and Dive,play

Post by Knogg »

Close that hatch you tease.

Very nice indeed. Look like your bag was about done good work!
"Every Fisherman has a story" but "Every KAYAK fisherman has a better one"