Jarvis Walker Marine Safety Horn Blaster

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
BKA
Square eyes
kayak: Malibu Pro Explorer

Re: Jarvis Walker Marine Safety Horn Blaster

Post by BKA »

wokka1 wrote:Whitworth have the horn for $7.95 in their winter sale atm.
Cool. That's where I was going to buy the whistle from. At that price I'll probably buy both.
Cheers. :up:
gom
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: pa (olive/green)

Post by gom »

wokka1 wrote:Whitworth have the horn for $7.95 in their winter sale atm.
Thanks for the heads-up Wokka. I'll probably go there Friday. For anybody in my area - PM me if you want me to get one for you.
Yak PBs - Snapper 69cm/4.2kg; flathead 45cm; pike 70cm; tailor 30cm; bream 36cm; whiting 37cm; gar 34cm
wokka1
Yak Master
kayak: Compass

Post by wokka1 »

Just to avoid confusion, don't want anyone to make the trip for the wrong item...it's this one which I think is what digger referred to in his post. Not the same as what mitch referred to in his initial post

https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_item ... item=43905
Regards,
Wokka. (aka...Fruitbat)
Fishing... a jerk on one end of the line waiting for a jerk on the other
gom
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: pa (olive/green)

Post by gom »

wokka1 wrote:Just to avoid confusion, don't want anyone to make the trip for the wrong item...it's this one which I think is what digger referred to in his post. Not the same as what mitch referred to in his initial post
Thanks for the clarification, Wokka - It's not what I was expecting or after. I'm looking for one that doesn't required compressed air (even tho some think I'm a smart arsse!)
Yak PBs - Snapper 69cm/4.2kg; flathead 45cm; pike 70cm; tailor 30cm; bream 36cm; whiting 37cm; gar 34cm
MitchT
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Post by MitchT »

No process on this sorry fellas, Mavs being a lazy ass.

Cheers Mitch
BKA
Square eyes

Post by BKA »

gom wrote:
wokka1 wrote:Just to avoid confusion, don't want anyone to make the trip for the wrong item...it's this one which I think is what digger referred to in his post. Not the same as what mitch referred to in his initial post
Thanks for the clarification, Wokka - It's not what I was expecting or after. I'm looking for one that doesn't required compressed air (even tho some think I'm a smart arsse!)
Just noticed that BCF are selling the horn referred to in Mitch's initial post for $9.95.
Cheers.
Yacker
Yak Master
kayak: Yellow PA and red Q kayak

Post by Yacker »

Bayside Kayak Angler wrote:
gom wrote:
Just noticed that BCF are selling the horn referred to in Mitch's initial post for $9.95.
Cheers.
Picked up a couple of these at BCF Mornington at $9.95 each. These are seriously ferkin loud, had a go in the store and gave myself a fright :oops:
Not too keen on the loud end being in close proximity to the blow end ( and the package says dont blow near your ears :wtf: ) anyway reckon I'll rig up a bit of tube to keep it away from my ears.
Many and strange are the universes that drift like bubbles in the foam upon the River of Time
BKA
Square eyes

Post by BKA »

Yacker wrote:Picked up a couple of these at BCF Mornington at $9.95 each. These are seriously ferkin loud, had a go in the store and gave myself a fright :oops:
G'day, bought one on Saturday but all it does is blow cool air - no noise at all.
On the end near the blowhole, there's meshed plastic with a plastic film inside.
On the other end is an open hole.
Blow into it with the plastic film inside and cool noiseless air comes out the open hole end.
Remove the plasic film and cool noisless air comes out both ends.
WTF? Is mine missing a part or am I just using it wrong?
Cheers.
Yacker
Yak Master
kayak: Yellow PA and red Q kayak

Post by Yacker »

Try blowing into the small hole on the body about 1/3 way down from the plastic film end ;)
Many and strange are the universes that drift like bubbles in the foam upon the River of Time
BKA
Square eyes

Post by BKA »

Yacker wrote:Try blowing into the small hole on the body about 1/3 way down from the plastic film end ;)
Yeah, that's what I tried.
Is yours open at the non-film end?
What makes the noise - the film reverberating?
Cheers.