sounds like a bit of fun

A section for the yak sailers around Victoria!
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie outback

Re: sounds like a bit of fun

Post by Ghurkin »

Mordy wrote:Thanks Ghurkin
Think it's all the same measurements as our nudist Youtube friend.
Presently working through the viability and the packupability.
Maybe I should just get an environet?

Picked up some raw prawns at the new local Safeway for the big WHITING hunt tomorrow.
Talk about raw prawns, when I opened the seal to the sail mast port on the hobie all this fluid poured out :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
The smell?? Like a long range hikers bely button.....that's where that pillie went?

Yes Beer o'clock, shall dream of sails and things,
one ear listening for that wind to drop for a morning launch.

Tight lines and cold beers
Tony

how did you go with the ting Mordy?
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Mordy
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback Yellow

Re: sounds like a bit of fun

Post by Mordy »

No good Ghurkin
I say whiting, they say pinkie.
I saw Pickle had a bit of joy ( well done Pickle :yahoo: )
Was a quite day on the water, slightly lumpy and a bit of wind, nothing to rock the boat just a bit uncomfortable.
(obviously I wasn't catching fish!)

I have doing some research into sails, thanks for the link Rebecca Heap who put up that post designed the sail for Pacfic Action sails.
Look easy peasy to make, only disadvantages are they only work when the wind is behind you, and I will have to look into how well they stow away. Her design looks good just lower the sail and slide it out of the T pieces and roll the sail up, its only 1.5m long so I imagine it could just go
the other paddle holder.
Ideally I could fish put up the sail and go else where ( like Tasmania ) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The Hobie Sails look abit too serious and there is always the chance it would flip the whole gig over, unless you buy an amas
and stuff starts getting pricey, and then I would have to find something else to do in the MAN CaVE.
Just about to CAD up some plans.
Are you going to try the umbrella principle?
Cheers
Tony
Attachments
PA sails.jpg