Bought Something new wanna share it? Post it here

Completely off topic!
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Re: Bought Something new wanna share it? Post it here

Post by bunyip »

I was about to chuck in a few links, they have an appalling track record, I have read several court transcripts on the company too, pretty much 'we have your money now you are on your own'.
Not necessarily the fault of the tractor but the importer retailer, not to be confused with Agriboss who does stand by his products, pity the name is similar.
SOTA Tractors also import and sell Chinese tractors and honour warranty.
We went down the Chinese track and decided to bite the bullet and spend the extra $$$, a decision I do not regret, Kioti although Korean is in the same league as the Japanese but at the time Kubota were offering a much better deal which in our case was a 4 in 1 bucket for the same price as a standard bucket, best move I have made for pulling out fence posts and grabbing and lifting fallen branches to move around along with other things like even spreading of gravel in the driveway, even doubles as a great esky at BBQ's :thumbsup:
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

bunyip wrote:I was about to chuck in a few links, they have an appalling track record, I have read several court transcripts on the company too, pretty much 'we have your money now you are on your own'.
Not necessarily the fault of the tractor but the importer retailer, not to be confused with Agriboss who does stand by his products, pity the name is similar.
SOTA Tractors also import and sell Chinese tractors and honour warranty.
We went down the Chinese track and decided to bite the bullet and spend the extra $$$, a decision I do not regret, Kioti although Korean is in the same league as the Japanese but at the time Kubota were offering a much better deal which in our case was a 4 in 1 bucket for the same price as a standard bucket, best move I have made for pulling out fence posts and grabbing and lifting fallen branches to move around along with other things like even spreading of gravel in the driveway, even doubles as a great esky at BBQ's :thumbsup:

Esky? Chuckle~

The 4 in 1 bucket is something I'd really like as with 8000 trees and bushes planted here and 4 acres of remnant bush I'm forever cleaning up downed trees and branches. I've got the local CFA bringing an appliance here to over watch my burn of a massive pile of green waste in the paddock because there's no other way to get rid of that amount of stuff.

Currently when a small tree comes down on a boundary I have to cut it up small enough to fit in a trailer then take trips down to the burn pile, unload it, possibly cut it up again so I can throw it up on the pile, whereas I envisage with the 4 in 1 maybe just separating the trunk and lifting the tree with the bucket and lift it onto the wood pile and that means that this old fart isn't ending up with a screaming back from doing those very same things these last few days!

I'd also be able to bulldoze my way into the scrub and have the bucket raised for me to put cut wood in when doing firewood, lifting heavy stuff repeatedly is my nemesis at this stage of life! Then there's the gravel drive that gets wash-outs after heavy rain. Have I convinced you yet? (This is a dry run for convincing Mrs Dig that we need to spend more)

I'm not sure the Esky argument will hold water here...Grin~
bunyip
Square eyes

Post by bunyip »

our place is pretty flat so ground clearance is not an issue but we do have some boggy spots, we have several massive cypress trees along the driveway along with natives and they drop some big branches which serve to keep us warm during winter.
like you i have a buggered back but can now lift 300kg with the flick of a wrist, manouvre it, locate it and drop it.
the controls are very intuitive and took me about 30 minutes to master, my only grizzle is putting the 180kg counterweight back on after removing the grader or post hole digger, i intend overcoming this by building a dolly to position it accurately as reversing into it is an excercise in frustration, i can never line it up accurately and it's too heavy to push into position.
as for size compared to the ride on mower, yes, ours is a bit bigger but look at the size of the running gear, it is rock solid and heavy and unlikely to break and weighs a bit more, about 875kg without the loader and counterweight coupled to the well established 3 cylinder diesel that starts first time every time and heaps of hydraulics that don't leak as well as a cat 1 linkage and 540rpm pto.
the consideration for us was tyres and we opted for industrial, not as agressive as agricultural but still a lot of grip in the soft stuff and doesn't tear up the arenas like the ags, lawn tyres were not an option.
the exhaust out the front is good as i have spent many hours on tractors with upright exhausts banging away not far from your head and blowing fumes in your face, great recipe for a nasty headache.
while it won't lift a round bale of hay i can certainly roll it around the paddocks and place it were i want with the bucket.
good luck with your quest and it appears your needs are completely different from mine, just rembered, two wheelie bins fit in the bucket to take down to the road on rubbish days :up:

maybe we need a tractor forum ;)
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

It's real East Gippsland bush here and I need to drag heavy stuff out of bush using chais at times so figure something about 35 hp would be better, so it may be an older tractor to make it affordable?

As to handling heavy things, I use a crowbar.
Gav
Apprentice
kayak: hobie pro angler 12 owner now 2013 modle

Post by Gav »

i would go for west wing tractors good deals first choose kubota 2 massey fergoson
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Gav wrote:i would go for west wing tractors good deals first choose kubota 2 massey fergoson

Haven't heard of Westwing thanks Gav but I'll have a look. Nothing Chinese though and likely Kioti or Kubota. My old Kubota helped unload the Ark.......Grin~
bunyip
Square eyes

Post by bunyip »

I think there is East Wing or Wind, there are a lot of rebadged Chinese on the market and it becomes confusing and a lot of strange names, I remember in Hong Kong we saw a bra factory called Hung Fat but I digress (and in Abbottsford there was a Vietnamese Restaurant called F#k Kim)
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

bunyip wrote:I think there is East Wing or Wind, there are a lot of rebadged Chinese on the market and it becomes confusing and a lot of strange names, I remember in Hong Kong we saw a bra factory called Hung Fat but I digress (and in Abbottsford there was a Vietnamese Restaurant called F#k Kim)
There used to be one in Carrum Downs called Fu King!
bunyip
Square eyes

Post by bunyip »

my late BIL had a yamaha and stihl dealership and on his frequent trips to Asia would bring back all sorts of tools and machinery, one of note was a set of fu king spanners, I bought a set off him over 30 years ago and still have them and they are not fu king bad.
I have broken a few spanners but these seem unbreakable, never seen another set but sure there are a few out there as he sold them for about 5 years.
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Post by happyas »

There used to be an air cooled single cylinder stationery engine around in the 60's called a wing. I had a hand in installing these into a marine environment. It was made by Fuji Heavy Industries. A great little Japanese unit. I think Fuji is the company behind Subaru.