Malibu mini-x

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
anacondayak
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Malibu Mini

Re: Malibu mini-x

Post by anacondayak »

Yeah cheers Luke I'm def leaning towards the xwing, the individual starpoints can be installed if required but from what I've seen it's a very neat little unit and I would be looking to mount two rod holders, sounder and compass aswell :-) thanks for all the help guys
Cheers Lads

PM me for some fishing!
exact
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie PA

Post by exact »

i have the x-wing installed on my malibu stealth 12, and on a big yak like that having the x-wing made it feel crouded.
Kayak PB's:
Flathead: 38cm
James Duke
The force is strong in this one
kayak: none at the moment

Post by James Duke »

Guys,

for what its worth, I do not rate the Xwing. In my experience, whilst it suits the US style fishing wher Malibus are the dominant brand, and the oceans where they are used have surfaces like lakes, I found that the Xwing in our oceans which are rougher and windier acted like a sale and make paddling very hard when trying to go into a headwind.

Great for keeping electronics dry - but back when I had one, I almost didnt come home when trying to paddle into a headwind and an outgoing tide. Dropped the Xwing, and never had a problenm again.

Plastic bag and a rubber band now for me if the electrics are getting too wet, and Scotty extandable mounts for the rods- just my opinon for what its worth.
Regards,

James