Deep diving HB's for snapper

What lures are working and people's reviews and photos on what they have caught on them!
Yacker
Yak Master
kayak: Yellow PA and red Q kayak

Deep diving HB's for snapper

Post by Yacker »

Keen to get some deep diving snapper lures for PPB, was looking at Rapala deep tail dancers and perhaps some of the larger x-raps
Whats the go for colors and sizes?? was thinking 11 cm and the pilchard type colors, anyone had much success with trolling HB's for snapper?
Cheers
Yacker
Many and strange are the universes that drift like bubbles in the foam upon the River of Time
loboloco
Lord of the fish
kayak: single sit on top

Re: Deep diving HB's for snapper

Post by loboloco »

Those rapalas are a very good choice but I would also go for the white one with the red head ;)
im no expert but from the research that I have done they are good colors, and you could even go to 150mm in size.

Cheers
Loboloco
Bigyakka
Square eyes
kayak: 2010 P.A a sexy dune one

Post by Bigyakka »

The one mattyp has had alote of success with and the one i caught mine on last year was the rapala taildancer in perch color.But redheads are pretty hot aswell :D
78.5cm, 5.5kg Snapper Sunnyside, 59cm flathead safety beach, 56cm Salmon safety beach, 60cm Snook Black Rock, 34cm King George Whiting Oliver Hill, 38.5cm Bream Patterson River
Yacker
Yak Master

Post by Yacker »

Thanks Guys, appreciate your help
Many and strange are the universes that drift like bubbles in the foam upon the River of Time
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Find the post in regard to the lures Elm purchased for us from the US. The list will give you an idea of what everyone bought.

Could be an idea to do another run, given the aussie $ is so high - and Elm has created a great relationship with the supplier. They matched every price he could find.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Yacker
Yak Master

Post by Yacker »

maverick wrote:Find the post in regard to the lures Elm purchased for us from the US. The list will give you an idea of what everyone bought.

Could be an idea to do another run, given the aussie $ is so high - and Elm has created a great relationship with the supplier. They matched every price he could find.
Cheers Mav, let me know if another purchase is on the cards, love to get in on it

Yacker
ELM
Yak Master
kayak: A very dusty one.

Post by ELM »

Hi Yaker, here is a copy of what was ordered, supplier could not do some of them but managed most;

X Rap 15
2x Silver/Blue Mackerel
2x Blue Sardine
2x Redhead

X Rap 20
1x Blue Sardine
1x Redhead

X Rap 30
1x Firetiger
2x Redhead
1x green/gold Mackerel
1x Bunker
1x Blue Sardine

TDD09 Taildancer
2x Blue Flash
1x Redtiger
1 Purple Clown Flash
1x Purple desent
2x Hot Flash
1x Silver flash
1x rainbow trout
1x Clown Flash
7x Flash Perch

TDD11 Taildancer
2x Purple decent
1x Blue Flash
2x hot Flash
1x Clown Flash
9x Flash Perch
2x Silver flash
1x Rainbow Trout

Rapala Glint Rap 12
1x BG
1x YP

There were a few others that were added later but I am not going to dig them out, that will give you an idea of what people have gone for.
Arden at;
The Saltwater Edge / Edge Angling
47 Valley Road
Middletown, RI 02842
http://www.saltwateredge.com
info@saltwateredge.com
Looked after me and was very patient and easy to work with, their web site states that they will match any US web site's prices if you can prove the price (supply link) and they did. I hunted prices for two weeks before contacting them with prices and links, they even had to order lures in from their supplier and still price matched. I found 2 other site's who stated the same thing and then they reneged when fronted with the prices I had found and supplied links to, so hats off to Edge Angling :clap: :thumbsup: .
When we say it's BIG RED SEASON, we don't mean a big red blood stain on the bay,
GET YOUR LIGHTS ON + YOUR PFD'S.

Happy Sailing Fishing and keep blowing bubbles.
Cheers
Eddie

nasman
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Outback & Wavedance Sierra

Post by nasman »

loboloco wrote:Those rapalas are a very good choice but I would also go for the white one with the red head ;)
im no expert but from the research that I have done they are good colors, and you could even go to 150mm in size.

Cheers
Loboloco
Agreed. Should always have a white & red in the box. I like anything with a little pink or red underneath. If none, touch up with nail polish.
Regards,
Nasman.
Outback Fisherman
><((((º>......><((((º>.....<º))))><.....<º))))><
Yacker
Yak Master

Post by Yacker »

ELM wrote:Hi Yaker, here is a copy of what was ordered, supplier could not do some of them but managed most;

X Rap 15
2x Silver/Blue Mackerel
2x Blue Sardine
2x Redhead

X Rap 20
1x Blue Sardine
1x Redhead

X Rap 30
1x Firetiger
2x Redhead
1x green/gold Mackerel
1x Bunker
1x Blue Sardine

TDD09 Taildancer
2x Blue Flash
1x Redtiger
1 Purple Clown Flash
1x Purple desent
2x Hot Flash
1x Silver flash
1x rainbow trout
1x Clown Flash
7x Flash Perch

TDD11 Taildancer
2x Purple decent
1x Blue Flash
2x hot Flash
1x Clown Flash
9x Flash Perch
2x Silver flash
1x Rainbow Trout

Rapala Glint Rap 12
1x BG
1x YP

There were a few others that were added later but I am not going to dig them out, that will give you an idea of what people have gone for.
Arden at;
The Saltwater Edge / Edge Angling
47 Valley Road
Middletown, RI 02842
http://www.saltwateredge.com
info@saltwateredge.com
Looked after me and was very patient and easy to work with, their web site states that they will match any US web site's prices if you can prove the price (supply link) and they did. I hunted prices for two weeks before contacting them with prices and links, they even had to order lures in from their supplier and still price matched. I found 2 other site's who stated the same thing and then they reneged when fronted with the prices I had found and supplied links to, so hats off to Edge Angling :clap: :thumbsup: .
Great Elm, thanks very much, that sort of info is gold :clap: :thumbsup: :up: :up: