Proto-type Revo Rocket Launcher

Show off your DIY project!
Aphrodisi-Yak
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie Revolution

Proto-type Revo Rocket Launcher

Post by Aphrodisi-Yak »

Hey Guys,

Been working on a rocket launcher for the Revo, still a work in progress and not yet field tested. I already know it will need some mods, I’ll need to shorten the horizontal section to move the front section back from the seat, in its current configuration it will be in the way – interfere with paddle stroke etc.
Under contruction - mounted in the Revo
Under contruction - mounted in the Revo
It’s made from 32mm pressure pipe’, elbows and tees. I’ve used 2 elbows at most of the changes of direction to match the Revo’s lines. I prefer the pressure pipe over the waste type fittings because the bends are 90 degrees whereas the waste pipe bends and junctions are 85 degrees which creates some funny angles. I could have used 40mm but all of my rods fit into the 32 okay and 40 would have eaten into the storage well space a little more.

The 2 short rod holders on the uprights behind the seat are not intended for trolling, but rather a place to place a rod when de-hooking a fish. Small landing net could go in the other side. Well that’s the theory anyway.
DSC_0056R.jpg

I’m looking for heavy duty storage tub to mount between the horizontal sections. I’m also in the process of incorporating a flag & light, will post more pictures of the finished article when it’s done if anybody’s interested

Cheers. Brendan.
Yuz
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Revo, of course :)

Re: Proto-type Revo Rocket Launcher

Post by Yuz »

Looking good :)
Seeing all the engineering and design efforts that go into pimping, is impressive :D
I also like this arrangement: http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2420 - Just add two tubes at an angle at the back of the rack to accommodate the cart and presto!