AFL GRAND FINAL

Completely off topic!
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

AFL GRAND FINAL

Post by Digger »

For those of you that support either Collingwood or St Kilda it's a big, big day! I hope there is a good contest for those who put so much store in such things.

Mr's Digger is a rabid Magpies supporter and is currently a nervous wreck! Close friends were invited to come over and watch the game here today but declined because of the high state of anxiety they are in....can you believe it? Most of my family also barrack for the Pies!

God help me, I'm surrounded by the buggers!

At best I am a "fair weather" follower of Essendon and that is only because I grew up in that area. I am not a fan of watching any sport on TV, I'd rather be doing it than watching it, if you get my drift. To be honest the intensity of things to do with football in the media drives me insane! Even after the season is finished there are still exhibition games, etc. etc. it never seems to end!

However for my darling today I have promised to be an "Honorary Collingwood Supporter"... (fingers crossed and grinding teeth).

I'm not well suited for the roll I have to say as nary a Pies beany nor Collingwood scarf is to be seen around the place! I might have to resort to throwing my poor old Border Collie Jess up onto my shoulders to look the part ~ Even my beloved dog wears those bloody colours! Er? You can't get Border Collies in red & black can you?

So I guess we will sit in front of the TV and watch the event....not sure how to capture the atmosphere.? Any suggestions?

I think the menu for today has moved away from meat pies and hot dogs to something a little bit more interesting like seafood bisque and satay chicken and prawn pizza (home made and yummy). Did you know that Bairnsdale is the home to the biggest pie manufacturer in the WORLD? Patties Pies that is.

What about you today?

Digger
SurfanFish
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: dorado, espri

Re: AFL GRAND FINAL

Post by SurfanFish »

Fight it digger.... you know you want to.....

Like you, I'm only a fair weather supporter (been too long suffering to lose sleep any more) and will be out with the chainsaw getting ready for the fire season (with radio handy). Even knocked back corporate ticket for some of the reasons you mention (plus others).

Go Saints!
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
madmoose
The force is strong in this one
kayak: hobie outfitter

Post by madmoose »

Hi Digger yes I am a dons supporter as well and grew up in Glenroy but if you are an ess. supporter you can not go for the pies you must hate them and if the pies win this years grand final all collingwood supporters should be banned from this site for a month this means you [feckit] anyway go the saints they have not won 1 since 66 so GO SAINTS AND IF COLLINGWOOD WIN THANK GOD I DONT LIVE IN MELB. ANYMORE
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Hey Rob (good name),

Glad to hear somebody else feels like I do. Interested in your chainsaw comment as I too spend my share of time on those bloody things. Actually this is the worst part of the season as the grass is starting to grow and I still need firewood....just 2 seasons in my life. Grass & wood! More mowing for me today, wood too as the firebox is empty.

I got a bloke in with a machine earlier and had him knock over 30 or so big old dead trees so at least for the next few years I won't have to drop 'em as well!
We live in a very fire prone area Rob and I haven't even begun to think about preparation for that yet although most of the trees I bought down were making it hard to access the back boundary so I suppose that counts. Getting an electric fence rigged to allow putting some cattle on here to reduce my work load a bit and that should be a goer in the next 2 weeks....hoping not to even have to slash boundaries after that.

Sorry about the digression.

Dig
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Yes Murray it's going against the grain but what can you do?

Dig (grin)
SurfanFish
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: dorado, espri

Post by SurfanFish »

Rob (yes its a good name unless someone adds a y to it)

You will not live with yourself if you bend on this Collingwood thing. It can't be a glass half full - its all or nothing. Its not like all other teams (except Adelaide of course) where you can foster a soft spot.

One of my well meaning sons ring barked a number of pines during his horticulture apprenticeship several years back and guess who has had to take them down before they came down in wrong directions. All good just about finished the clean up and only one more to go that can wait another season.

cheers

Rob

(I let my neighbor put some sheep on the block this year so I won't have as much slashing to do - although will miss the native wildflowers)
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Rob,

Our business here has been native flowers and gumleaf foliage and over the years we have planted about 8000 plants. I retired 12 years ago and Mrs Digger has been supplying local florists until earlier this year when she retired too. So if you miss your native flowers you's better come down here and we will give you some as our garden is full of them at the moment!

Dig
Attachments
Grevillia Superb (Large).JPG
Bigyakka
Square eyes
kayak: 2010 P.A a sexy dune one

Post by Bigyakka »

Well digger I'm a massive hawks fan who untill this year still played. My boss is a pies fan and since she supported the hawks in 08 I'm on the pies bandwagon. Today is the biggest day on my calendar and I look forward to every minute of it. I even stay up all night beforehand to watch the grand final marathon. Bit tired at the moment but a couple of frothies should buck me up :) Go pies
78.5cm, 5.5kg Snapper Sunnyside, 59cm flathead safety beach, 56cm Salmon safety beach, 60cm Snook Black Rock, 34cm King George Whiting Oliver Hill, 38.5cm Bream Patterson River
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Yep Big G,

I think the 5 O'clock rule might be relaxed for the day and a few frothies might get cracked here too!

Enjoy it mate.

Dig

Collingwood fans are not stupid

50,000 Collingwood Fans meet at the MCG for a "Collingwood Fans Are Not
Stupid" Convention.

Eddie says, "We are all here today to prove to the world that Collingwood
Fans are not stupid. Can I have a volunteer."

Alan Didak gingerly works his way through the crowd and steps up to the
stage.

Eddie asks him, "What is fifteen plus fifteen?"

After 15 or 20 seconds Didak says, "Eighteen!"

Obviously everyone is a little disappointed.

Then all 50,000 Collingwood Fans start chanting, "GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!
GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!"

Eddie says, "Well since we've gone to the trouble of getting 50,000 of you
in one place and we have the world wide press and global broadcast media
here, I think we can give him another chance."

So he asks, "What is seven plus seven?"

After nearly 30 seconds Didak eventually says, "Ninety!"

Eddie is quite perplexed, looks down and just lets out a dejected sigh
everyone is disheartened.

Didak starts crying and the 50,000 Collingwood Fans begin to yell and wave
their hands shouting, "GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE! GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!"

Eddie, unsure whether or not he is doing more harm than good, eventually
says, "OK! OK! Just one more chance...What is two plus two?"

Didak closes his eyes, and after a whole minute eventually says, "Four!"

Throughout the stadium pandemonium breaks out as all 50,000 Collingwood Fans
jump to their feet, wave their arms, stamp their feet and scream...
"GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE! GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!"
Bigyakka
Square eyes
kayak: 2010 P.A a sexy dune one

Post by Bigyakka »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: bloody good digga
78.5cm, 5.5kg Snapper Sunnyside, 59cm flathead safety beach, 56cm Salmon safety beach, 60cm Snook Black Rock, 34cm King George Whiting Oliver Hill, 38.5cm Bream Patterson River