What a Storm - How did you fare

Completely off topic!
bilby
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Fender Stratocaster + Marshall stack

Re: What a Storm - How did you fare

Post by bilby »

Yeah Mav it was a sleepless night in Mount martha as well, bloody wind was the worst i've seen it for a while, 2 trees down in my street, (i was hoping my smallish gum on the front lawn would be down, but it was still standing) i havent been up on the roof but all looks ok.
Anyone want to go kayaking :shock: (white water that is)
Bilby.
Bill 0409139460
Bozzie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Dune Pro Angler

Post by Bozzie »

maverick wrote:The roof repairer can't get here until tomorrow lunchtime, leaks coming through the ceiling into the loungeroom and a hole in the ceiling of the mancave has now appeared, with more rainforecast. :( :( :(
Bummer!, Can you protect the valuable assets? (stinka and yaks)
The Rubai-Yak of Hobie Khayyam
Mob: 0409234439

Yacker
Yak Master
kayak: Yellow PA and red Q kayak

Post by Yacker »

Hi Mav,

Very sorry to hear about the roof, hope its sorted by now? :cry:
No real damage at my place but anything not tied down was strewn arround the backyard Bins, daughters swing set, small greenhouse.
Was up round Red Hill Sunday, trees down all over the place.
Have a couple of large tarps (10m x 10m ) that i could loan you if that would help? PM me if so

Cheers

Tim
Many and strange are the universes that drift like bubbles in the foam upon the River of Time
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

I'm sorry to hear about damage for some of you and considering that we saw none of the wind or rain here I'm amazed at how bad it's been elsewhere.

In the last 3 days we've only had 5mm and I would kill for a downpour as the last was 5 years ago.

All the reports are of flooding in this region, Mitchell River at the highway and such and I'm dirty that we're getting flooding without getting the rain! It's all coming down from the high country. I came through there after lunch and the river was about a metre below the bank and it all looks like a media beat up to me, and lots of kids stayed home from school today for no good reason it seems.

The fish in my dam would be eternally grateful if you could send us some of your excess lol. (trout and yellas) As for trees down, I just paid good money for a machine to come in and rip 30 big old dead trees out....if the wind had done it I would have saved heaps!

Hope it works out alright for you all.

Dig
Allan
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Allan »

Plenty of branches down around these parts (Wonga Park) but luckily no damage to our new (well, new to us) place or the in-laws place.

The good wife and I were woken at about 3am by the wizz-bang doorbell malfunctioning and emitting a loud, constant piercing sound. It was REALLY loud. Once I finally worked out what was making the sound I couldn't work out how to fix it so did the old "Is it the red or green wire?" thing. Snapped two wires and the noise stopped. Back to bed 10 seconds later.
bilby
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Fender Stratocaster + Marshall stack

Post by bilby »

Theres an old saying Al, touch the red and your dead (mostly) i learnt that on night shift a few years ago, when they would leave me in charge of a whole warehouse, with no sparky to be seen. :evil: Needless to say i never went near any electrical stuff.
Bilby.
Bill 0409139460
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Yacker wrote:Have a couple of large tarps (10m x 10m ) that i could loan you if that would help? PM me if so
thanks Yacker, Tiler turned up today and waterproofed it.

Feel a bit silly whinging about a few missing tiles and some dripping water when you look what is happening around the rest of the state. :o

If the freshwater runoff keeps up, we can target Snapper and Trout in PPB. :lol:
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
ELM
Yak Master
kayak: A very dusty one.

Post by ELM »

Went out on the AI for a quick squid fish just before it blew up, just need to find my way back from Sri-Lanka :lol: .

Seriously, bad luck about the roof Mav. Hope everyone is keeping their carpets dry in the flooded regions.
When we say it's BIG RED SEASON, we don't mean a big red blood stain on the bay,
GET YOUR LIGHTS ON + YOUR PFD'S.

Happy Sailing Fishing and keep blowing bubbles.
Cheers
Eddie