What a Storm - How did you fare

Completely off topic!
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

What a Storm - How did you fare

Post by maverick »

Well it blew it's absolute ringer off last night in Mornington. 63 knot gusts. We lost some roof tiles and ridge caps, trees blew down across the road and the neighbours had extensive damage to their glass verandah.

The tiles fell on the roof of the boat port, directly above the stinka - lucky I finally finished it. No damage to the roof or the stinka.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Re: What a Storm - How did you fare

Post by Digger »

Nothing much (as usual) down here and I guess we might have had 2mm of rain. The drought might have broken elsewhere but it hasn't here in the East!

I'd love a flood!

The fish in my dam will have to start to get around with water bottles soon lol.

Dig
cruiser
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: AI

Post by cruiser »

Just one tree down and stuff scattered about for us but Ive gotta feel for our neighbour ,his new 75 meter colourbond fence that he put up on friday is a shambles some of it has gone missing and what is still standing is proped up and on a ugly lean poor bugger
mob 0423 492 759
Bigyakka
Square eyes
kayak: 2010 P.A a sexy dune one

Post by Bigyakka »

Bloody blowy here as well mav, no damage but alote of street sighns blown off :o
78.5cm, 5.5kg Snapper Sunnyside, 59cm flathead safety beach, 56cm Salmon safety beach, 60cm Snook Black Rock, 34cm King George Whiting Oliver Hill, 38.5cm Bream Patterson River
Bozzie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Dune Pro Angler

Post by Bozzie »

Bloody hell, blew the dog off the chain last night. Drove to Avalon Airport this morning, trees down everywhere.
Checkout the wind graph for Pt Wilson last night. http://www.earthsci.unimelb.edu.au/~awa ... ilson.html
The Rubai-Yak of Hobie Khayyam
Mob: 0409234439

ratfish
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Outback + mini x + AI

Post by ratfish »

Few small trees looking worse for wear that i'll take down, the river is turning back into a creek this morning but not dropping terribly fast, the roof found a new leak which after calling the builders since March to come fix the roof tiles they stuffed up before something like this happened they're going to be cheery about.
fishophil
Lord of the fish
kayak: Kingfisher & 2013 Hobie Outback.. and 3 more..

Post by fishophil »

Had a tree down out the front that went through the fence and across the driveway, it made a nice big bang at 3am thismorning!! I went outside to see what had coursed it when I saw it. THe trees were swaying out there alright! I checked the windspeed on the computer (as you do when you pass the computer at 3am in the morning.. :oops: :lol: ) and just after 3am there were gusts of up to 91km/h at Frankston, and nearly topping 50knots on the water! :o

Almost got the tree cleaned up, I fired up the Stihl with a new chain on it and it's slicing through it like butter 8-)
Had a couple of tiles on the roof come off too, so I go up there first thing thismorning and fixed them back into place and whacked some cement on them before the rain kicks in later.

Too many freaks. Not enough circuses.
pcman
The force is strong in this one
kayak: 2010 hobie outback

Post by pcman »

1 tree down it wasnt in good shape to start with
1/2 of a shed roof removed and thrown 200m across the paddock
and another shed 1/2 collapsed one wall fell over and 1/2 the roof collapsed with it
Hobie Wan Kenobi
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Outfitter

Post by Hobie Wan Kenobi »

Anyone hear from Jenko down at Camperdown? They reckon they copped it bad down that way.

Cheers Rob
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

The roof repairer can't get here until tomorrow lunchtime, leaks coming through the ceiling into the loungeroom and a hole in the ceiling of the mancave has now appeared, with more rainforecast. :( :( :(
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.