New Ride!

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
Jules
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: ... Back to my humble sit in

New Ride!

Post by Jules »

Hi guys,

Here is a pic of my new kayak which is a Native Mariner 12.5 (almost bought the 10 but for my size I was advised otherwise).

Had my first sess at the local - Karkarook. Got about 10 Redfin. Left them biting, but man they are small in there?? Couldn't find a decent size one to save myself.

Will report a bit more when I get some more hours into it. It does peddle backwards which just dam wicked. :mrgreen: :up: cheers.
Attachments
yak.jpg
Windknot
Lord of the fish
kayak: Malibu Mini X & Native Watercraft Propel

Re: New Ride!

Post by Windknot »

I must say, I prefer the look of these to the equivalent Hobie PA models. They look a lot more streamlined with the pointy nose. I also like the way they can be remounted from the rear comparatively easily.

How do you find the pedal drive system to operate? I've read that you need to lay right back, in order to get your feet up high enough to pedal. Is that true?
There's only a fine distinction between fly fishing and standing on the bank looking like an idiot.
remax
The force is strong in this one
kayak: native mariner 12.5/ mission 280 access

Post by remax »

i also have one of these and the first trip feels pretty weird but after that its fine, don't have to 'lay back' as such once you have the seat adjusted to your body its nice and easy peddaling around.
Your first go take 10 mins to adjust the seat comfortably and you'll enjoy it alot more then its just a matter of clicking the seat in place and your off.
Regards Reece.
When are we fishing jules?
Jules
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: ... Back to my humble sit in

Post by Jules »

Windknot wrote:I must say, I prefer the look of these to the equivalent Hobie PA models. They look a lot more streamlined with the pointy nose. I also like the way they can be remounted from the rear comparatively easily.

How do you find the pedal drive system to operate? I've read that you need to lay right back, in order to get your feet up high enough to pedal. Is that true?
Easy to peddle Windknot. Goes quick, quicker than an outback. Yet i feel the outback is slighty more stable?? Not 100% yet. Peddles more like a bike than a push from what my memory serves....when i had an outback. Not keen on the trolley compared to the hobies. But i guess it's all about getting used to it.

Reece - as soon as work settles. Im working too hard for this time of year haha. But i gotta take it when it's there. Hopefully soon. Choose a spot except for ricketts lol.