ABT Round in Marlo- 27/28 March

Australian Bream Fishing competition talk here!
geocacher
Apprentice
kayak: 2 Hobie Adventure Islands & a Sport

Re: ABT Round in Marlo- 27/28 March

Post by geocacher »

Killing time on night shift waiting for the morning. Can't get onto AKFF as the net nazis in HO locked it out. They haven't caught up with this one yet though. Why do list owners insist on putting forum in the address line...call it community or something so the filters don't find it.

One prang so far tonight - and it was between Nowa Nowa & Marlo.

Very pleased to see that it wasn't one of us, felt a bit sorry for the bloke who's off road camper was upside down on the highway with the surfboards under it. All okay though which was the main thing.

Travel safe, particularly those leaving very early in the morning...

Dave
Two AI's & a Sport - just like choosing lures, which one do you start with today?
MitchT
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Post by MitchT »

Hi Dave,

See you in the morning, I'm not going to get any sleep tonight with the anticipation 8-)

Where are you staying??
Bigyakka
Square eyes
kayak: 2010 P.A a sexy dune one

Post by Bigyakka »

Good luck to everyone going to Marlo I'm sure you will have an awesome time. Unfotunately had to pull out due to work but I'll hopefully get down to frankston on the weekend and chase some KGW :D safe trip to all
78.5cm, 5.5kg Snapper Sunnyside, 59cm flathead safety beach, 56cm Salmon safety beach, 60cm Snook Black Rock, 34cm King George Whiting Oliver Hill, 38.5cm Bream Patterson River
geocacher
Apprentice

Post by geocacher »

Pic's of some of Dave Hedge's (justcrusin) fish from his 4kg bag.

Dave - not the Dave that caught them :?
Two AI's & a Sport - just like choosing lures, which one do you start with today?
MitchT
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Post by MitchT »

Let's just say team Vyak is winning the big bream but there's always tomorrow. Won't say who.... ;) 1.725kg and 49cm. Thanks Mitch!!!!
Allan
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Allan »

Are you competing Mitch? Didn’t see your name on the leader board. I thought you guys were heading down? Looks like awesome fishing! :D
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

gday dave, that accident with the rolled camper was my sister and her family. Small world. Some idiot was on their side of the road, they swerved and rolled the camper trailer. Very lucky, they came out ok, and didnt jack jack knife. The guy on the wrong side, who kept driving are in jail! Good work on the bream fellas!
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
loboloco
Lord of the fish
kayak: single sit on top

Post by loboloco »

Can't wait to hear the reports
Cheers
loboloco
geocacher
Apprentice

Post by geocacher »

A few pics from today. Fortunately for me I don't have far to travel so I'm home & hosed down, and all the lures are rinsed & drying in the shed. Even had time for a couple of beers.

Before I post the pics I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for a fantastic weekend. From the fishing to the company it was just brilliant. The crew in Neils house were a blast, the guys I fished with were great. All round I think everyone had a good time. (It was nearly everyone except Neil until the last hour or so today when he finally got his mojo back 8) )

First a pic of me from yesterday. I finished yesterday 19th and dropped to 25th today. For only my second ABT I wasn't unhappy with that, and it was an improvement on 28th at Bemm River. Both events had fields of 38 so I'm happy with closer to middle of the heap.

Two Marlo Bream for 1.22kg.

Scott Baker's Boss Hog - can't remember what it was but it was bigger than yesterday's 1.72kg. 1.78 rings a bell but someone will chime in if I'm wrong. Went about 43.5 - 44cm to the fork.

Scott & his kids with the Boss

Jason Meech not looking at all unhappy.

And the surprise for the day was the winner. After a cracking bag that had all just about convinced that 4+kg would be difficult to beat Dave Hedge missed out on the crown.

Joel Crusbie spent another day near the mouth for a cracking bag that put him into first place.

Well done Joel. Congrats on taking out the Vic State Title. I'm sure the guys that accused you of a quick paddle down to Bemm for the morning were just jealous....

Dave
Lakes Entrance
Gundy
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Gundy »

Was a great weekend and was good to meet some of you.

A couple of us had a disappointing round, a lot of 'just' undersized fish and a lot of everything else! Flatties were everywhere, as were Yak towing Trevs. Would have to be the worst time Breaming I have ever had at Marlo, still, learn't a few new things which will be tucked away for next time.

Scotty's Bream was a monster! Well done to all that placed. 8-)