ABT Round in Marlo- 27/28 March

Australian Bream Fishing competition talk here!
geocacher
Apprentice
kayak: 2 Hobie Adventure Islands & a Sport

Re: ABT Round in Marlo- 27/28 March

Post by geocacher »

Donkey wrote:Whoo hooo! .....DOUBLE DOUGHNUTS!! :o
(Okay, maybe I left some pertinent information out that changed the context...

Mmmm. Donuts....

Now in the interests of being hospitible, make sure you offer all the donuts to the NSWelshmen. After all we will be fishing in their water, thats where it all came from and the mongrels won't give us any more for this particular river. :twisted:

Dave
Two AI's & a Sport - just like choosing lures, which one do you start with today?
bilby
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Fender Stratocaster + Marshall stack

Post by bilby »

Hi boys and girls (Mitch),
I would love to come to this event but i have just returned from Mallacoota today and the thought of driving back up just would be silly.
Anyway i don't claim to be any good at catching bream, but i have caught a few on lures and plastics and they were bloody hard work at Mallacoota, i tried blades, hardbodies, plastics, fished weed beds, drop off's, deep water, shallow nothing any size was landed, 27cm was my beast bream. The only real lure that caught fish was an Ecogear grass minnow (pink one) rigged on a 1/16th jig head, thrown deep into the snags and slow rolled out, the hardbody claimed one bream.
I hope you guys get some good fish and and have better luck than me on the bream front. If its like Mallacoota, the flathead are in big numbers, i picked up my bag of 5 all around 50cm flicking a plastic for bream in the snags, they were great fish but would be a pain in the arse in an ABT event.
Anyway any tips would be greatly appreciated, maybe we could organise a bream night and discuss tips/ tricks, etc, i would reckon a few of us need some pointers.
Cheers and best of luck on the weekend, i wish i could make it.
Bilby.
Bill 0409139460
Scott Lovig
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobies

Post by Scott Lovig »

I'll be there Thursday arvo.

I'm at Marlo house on the beach down the road from the pier and under the pub 8-) :lol: 8-) :lol:

Cant wait
Cheers

Scott Lovig

Scott Lovig Hobie
03 5975 6399
12C Satu Way Mornington 3931
http://www.slhobie.com.au
ELM
Yak Master
kayak: A very dusty one.

Post by ELM »

All the best at Marlo guys, stick it up them Newsouthweegens on their own turf and bag some stonkers !!!!

If SP's & HB',s are not working, try TNT''s :lol:
When we say it's BIG RED SEASON, we don't mean a big red blood stain on the bay,
GET YOUR LIGHTS ON + YOUR PFD'S.

Happy Sailing Fishing and keep blowing bubbles.
Cheers
Eddie

madfishman
Lord of the fish
kayak: Pro Angler

Post by madfishman »

Scott Lovig wrote:I'll be there Thursday arvo.

I'm at Marlo house on the beach down the road from the pier and under the pub 8-) :lol: 8-) :lol:

Cant wait

im up the road and guess where the nswelshmen are staying....heheheh.... cant wait either.

LAST MINUTE CANCELLATION FROM A COUPLE GUYS SO IF YOUR KEEN, THERES A COUPLE BEDS UP FOR SALE $80 for the weekend, LATE CHECKOUT SUNDAY...let me know by 3pm tomorrow...pm

PS. THIS IS OUR TURF, ON OUR SIDE OF THE BORDER........WELCOME TO MEHIKO........AMIGOS :twisted:
Cheers ,
Neilo

www.slhobie.com.au
HaTTerS
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: None (temporarily)

Post by HaTTerS »

Good luck to all the Vyak guys heading up there, hope it's a cracker of a comp and you all get on to some monsters!
Poised on the edge of sanity.
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Hi Team, I might be able to get there later Friday afternoon and catch up for a chat and see how the prefish went. Scott and I are staying at my nieces house, 1 km from the launch ramp. I will call around and see where everyone on Friday arvo, drive safely and fish hard.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

Good luck gents.
Kick ass!.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
geocacher
Apprentice
kayak: 2 Hobie Adventure Islands & a Sport

Post by geocacher »

Can someone PM me Neil's number please?

Dave
Two AI's & a Sport - just like choosing lures, which one do you start with today?
Donkey
Square eyes
kayak: PA12 - The Appendage

Post by Donkey »

Well I'm all packed, yaks on the roof and the weather is looking awesome!! If I can get off early I'll be there about 8pm tonight, I'll try and get a site in argyle street but might have to go to ocean view if its late. Hope fully get in a sneaky perch sesh tonight too... ;) Looks like there's going to be a pretty big turn out so I'm just looking forward to meeting a heap a Yak fishos and having a good time. Good luck to all!!!
EEeee-ooorrrrrrrrrrrrr