Is the Advice we are giving safe ?

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.

Is the advise we give safe ???

Yes our advise is safe
19%
Our advise is average could be better
31%
No our advise is not safe
No votes
Pull your head in ELM
50%

Total votes: 16

maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Re: Is the Advice we are giving safe ?

Post by maverick »

hurry up and lock this post.

this shite weather is sending us all stir crazy.

might have to head back to AKFF and read stories about blokes paddling in warm weather.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
MitchT
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Post by MitchT »

I am giving 10minutes too anyone who can explain why I shouldn't lock this post.
Donkey
Square eyes
kayak: PA12 - The Appendage

Post by Donkey »

Why lock it Mitch?

Just a couple of guys discussing a Kayak fishing related issue.
EEeee-ooorrrrrrrrrrrrr
GoneFishn
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: OceanKayak Prowler Elite 4.5 "Calypso"

Post by GoneFishn »

A bit trigger happy, I think all the power has gone to Mitch's head :lol: Mitch get back to class :lol:
MitchT
PHD in Yakology.

Post by MitchT »

Donkey wrote:Why lock it Mitch?

Just a couple of guys discussing a Kayak fishing related issue.
Fair call.

:lol: :lol: Kelly
HaTTerS
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: None (temporarily)

Post by HaTTerS »

ELM wrote:No quite the contrary, I have no qualm with you agreeing, it will never happen but I would wish we could all agree.

When someone comes on the forum and asks, "What should I wear ?" or similar, I can only perceive they are asking the question; Ok guys, you have been doing this for awhile know, "what is safe" to wear and will "protect me" ? A lot of the time we have no idea of whom has asked the question, age, maturity, level of ability and if they have any idea of the consequences.

My "perceived attack" was directed at;
then I say they deserved it
and I probably should have chosen a more tactful approach, my apologises if it has been perceived as an attack, not my intention and I hope you know me well enough to know that.
As adults, we can only hope they are mature enough to go deeper into it, but if we are talking to a minor who thinks they are talking to mature adults, then the line begins to get blury as to whether or not they will take it for granted or not, that what has been said is actually safe.

As said at the start, I am not here to dictate to anyone what they should or should not wear, I am asking, are we explaining our selves well enough when we tell people what to wear or how to do things.
Clearly I am not, because I have very much upset (it appears) a lot of people. As said at the start, not my intention and apologies if I have or do.

I don't want an argument and worst of all have a topic that could save lives locked. What I would like to see, is a group discussion on what equipment is perceived to be safe and have it put into as Mav called it, A code of conduct, where people can first be directed, what they do after that is entirely there business. How we can come about that, well with the very differing opinions, very hard.
Cool. I thought that may have been what you were "attacking" (for loss of a better word. I know you weren't attacking anyone. No need to apologise at all mate) I shouldn't have quoted that bit as I didn't agree with it either.

Your safety posts have been great and I know they come from a man with a lot of experience. Personally, I've learnt heaps from you and I hope that continues.

IMHO you are so passionate about the topic that some people may perceive your posts as dictating, but they shouldn't. It's great information.
ELM wrote:I don't want an argument and worst of all have a topic that could save lives locked. What I would like to see, is a group discussion on what equipment is perceived to be safe and have it put into as Mav called it, A code of conduct, where people can first be directed, what they do after that is entirely there business. How we can come about that, well with the very differing opinions, very hard.
Agreed.
Poised on the edge of sanity.
MitchT
PHD in Yakology.

Post by MitchT »

Eddie, I found the right forum for you http://www.politicsforum.org/ .

Not locking this thread at the moment.
HaTTerS
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: None (temporarily)

Post by HaTTerS »

I thought that was a joke forum for a minute. I clicked "enter" and nothing happened. So I thought, that's the perfect politics forum.... One that you can't get in to! :lol:
Poised on the edge of sanity.
ELM
Yak Master
kayak: A very dusty one.

Post by ELM »

mtfisho wrote:Eddie, I found the right forum for you http://www.politicsforum.org/ .

Not locking this thread at the moment.
:lol: :lol: Honestly Mitch, I hate politics, what I do like is stretching boundaries as safe as possible and if I learn anything from it then share it.

PS glad you holstered the 6 shooter, I recon there was another topic gunned down fairly quick that didn't need it :twisted:
When we say it's BIG RED SEASON, we don't mean a big red blood stain on the bay,
GET YOUR LIGHTS ON + YOUR PFD'S.

Happy Sailing Fishing and keep blowing bubbles.
Cheers
Eddie

winchbitch
Lord of the fish
kayak: wavedancer kingfisher

Post by winchbitch »

If we were to set out a code of conduct in relation to safe operation of a kayak should we perhaps approch an organisation such as the coastgard or water police to give it some kind of official recoginition ( and perhaps keep us safe from litagation happy lawyers ) :?: :?: