Blairgowrie Pier dive yesterday

Into yak based Diving? Talk about it here!
yakhangger
Lord of the fish
kayak: cool kayak, Hobie Outback !! Adventure Island

Blairgowrie Pier dive yesterday

Post by yakhangger »

This is my first go at a proper underwater video, have done a few when snorkling, I think I need to get a red filter for better colour. Enjoy.

PB Frog 490mm Squid 395mm Gummy 1080mm Bream 295mm Snook 589mm Leather Jacket 340mm Snapper 540mm Barracouta 635mm Garfish 430mm Rainbow Trout 340mm Cuttlefish 210mm Salmon 370mm Banjo 935mm Elephant 810mm Ghurkin fish 230mm Port Jackson 700mm Blue T Wrasse 490mm
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Re: Blairgowrie Pier dive yesterday

Post by Digger »

Merv,

Thanks for that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lovely soft coral and other growths on the structure, but I was surprised at how few fish there were. Did the bloke in front of you scare them all away?

I can remember seeing more than that under the Mornington pier, then that was a long time ago too.

One of the things I regret about getting older is that I can no longer dive as I really miss it.

Thanks again for going to the trouble of uploading and posting that clip.
yakhangger
Lord of the fish

Post by yakhangger »

Digger wrote:Merv,

Thanks for that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lovely soft coral and other growths on the structure, but I was surprised at how few fish there were. Did the bloke in front of you scare them all away?

I can remember seeing more than that under the Mornington pier, then that was a long time ago too.

One of the things I regret about getting older is that I can no longer dive as I really miss it.

Thanks again for going to the trouble of uploading and posting that clip.
Thanks Digger

I haven't dived Mornington Pier but have dived Rye and there is a ton more fish etc under Rye plus there is more structure on the ground at Rye so am guessing that's why more fish..which just shows when fishing too...structure = fish !!

I plan on videoing all my dives mate so stay tuned I'll make sure I post them if just for you...it may not be the real thing but the next best thing ?? :thumbsup:
PB Frog 490mm Squid 395mm Gummy 1080mm Bream 295mm Snook 589mm Leather Jacket 340mm Snapper 540mm Barracouta 635mm Garfish 430mm Rainbow Trout 340mm Cuttlefish 210mm Salmon 370mm Banjo 935mm Elephant 810mm Ghurkin fish 230mm Port Jackson 700mm Blue T Wrasse 490mm
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

You're a champ Merv!
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

With all the new work recently completed on the Mornington Pier the diving is nothing like it used to be and it is getting worse with the new work going on now. :down:
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
yakhangger
Lord of the fish

Post by yakhangger »

maverick wrote:With all the new work recently completed on the Mornington Pier the diving is nothing like it used to be and it is getting worse with the new work going on now. :down:
I haven't dived there yet Mav though I have snorkled over at red cliffs and wouldn't mind diving there with lots of broken ground to explore etc plus there is a big flattie over there I have seen last two times I've been there 8-) 8-)
SurfanFish
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: dorado, espri

Post by SurfanFish »

yakhangger wrote:I think I need to get a red filter for better colour.
Have a look at a magenta filter as well. May be more suitable for Vic. Red works well in blue water (like up North), not sure how that colour goes in green.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
joffarob
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA 14 Dune

Post by joffarob »

Thanks Merv, enjoyed the video. Cheers
yakhangger
Lord of the fish

Post by yakhangger »

Thanks Geoff...I'm enjoying your comp posts too mate :lol: :lol:

Surfanfish thanks for the tip mate...I will have to make my own filter as my supplier tells me the drift doesn't have a red filter :down: :down: so off to the craft shop for some cellophane
Jacko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Jacko »

Nice vid Merv,
Takes me back to the days when I used to Divemaster with the dive schools under Portsea pier.
I need to get my gear serviced, get a tank, & get my wetsuit taken out and join you for a dive down that way.