let the pimping begin

Show off your kayak!
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Re: let the pimping begin

Post by cheaterparts »

Ok the pimping and plans so far

I droped into Bunning to grab a couple of stainless saddles for the anchor trolley - to my surprise they had the right size to fit straight onto the brass inserts front and rear
I ordered a couple of 22 mm sheave blocks off Ebay and they were delivered today so the anchor trolley can be fitted up tonight

the Prowler ice box should be in by the W/E but thats a quick thing to mount just a couple of hold down straps that fit to std brass insert mounts

Rod storage will be simple enough the 4.3 has room to put 4 rods behind the seat - 2 rod holders moulded in behind the seat and the 2 that many use for trolling
as one of the moulded in rod holders will no dout carry my Nav light I have decided to fit 2 more flush mounted rod holder further back giving me 6 possable holders for storage

The front rod holders - I have to make up a carrier like the one I use on the king fisher ( I like my rods fairly flat not cocked up in the air )
so I've have the rudder peddle slides off for a look
there are 3 inserts that hold these on I cut a couple of pieces of 2mm stainless sheet and drilled them - these bolt in behind the paddle slides , I just need to do some shaping and it will give me a couple of side mounts for the front rod carrier
there are already some inserts in front of the center hatch I can use to mount the front of this rack
some Berkley rod holders the same as I use on the kingfisher will go on this carrier

it looks like a lowrance elite 5 HDI is going to be the sounder I still havent worked out what batterys to use - I think they use a bit of juice
but the battery needs to be upgraded anyway as the light sucks the battery dry in 7 or so hours anyway

so theres a bit to do but it wont take to long I wont to be fishing out of it on the Easter W/E
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Bretty
Yak Master
kayak: HOBIE OUTBACK RED

Post by Bretty »

Cheater check eBay for Zap batteries for a 15ah
J and I got one each for around $40 delivered :thumbsup:
Brett
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by Ghurkin »

Sounds like a plan Cheater :up:
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
rayso
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Adventure Island

Post by rayso »

Will it be a formal launching with all the bells & whistles straight into the mud from the strong hold or something a little more subdued. Well done on the upgrade Cheater, may you have as much fun in this as the last one. :thumbsup:
It's more fun doing it on a yak and even more fun with a sail
0429 622004
winchbitch
Lord of the fish
kayak: wavedancer kingfisher

Post by winchbitch »

Can't wait to check out the new ride Cheeter.
viperdevil
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Outfitter & Sevylor Pointer K2

Post by viperdevil »

Nice ride cheater :up: I need to get a tow rope next time i fish with you :lol:
Praz
dno
Apprentice
kayak: Cobra F&D

Post by dno »

Nice one mate, look forward to watching it evolve.
Toadhunter
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.3, Pioneer Canoe

Post by Toadhunter »

Awesome, you'll love it. I always wanted the ice box, but at $399 retail I couldn't justify it. Be careful of bolts rattling off it when it's new. I lost the black ones from the back of the seat over a couple of trips while driving, and also the shackle off one side of the rudder. Doesn't happen anymore now that it is worn in.
cheaterparts
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

Toadhunter wrote:Awesome, you'll love it. I always wanted the ice box, but at $399 retail I couldn't justify it. Be careful of bolts rattling off it when it's new. I lost the black ones from the back of the seat over a couple of trips while driving, and also the shackle off one side of the rudder. Doesn't happen anymore now that it is worn in.
I'll run an allen key over everything a couple of times , I can see how things could get loose as plastic bits settle in -
I got the ice box for $ 325 still not cheap but fish storage is always a bugger - now with a cooler a meter long it should make keeping fish easier

So todays chores have been to add some rod storage which was easy enough just added 2 more flush mounts pointing to rear

X marks the spot for the first hole on my new yak so I started with a 45 mm hole saw and die grinder

I now have storage for 6 rods behind the seat - one spot will hold a nav light at night and on could hold a net
so that is some rod storage done

I did some boring stuff like fixing the paddle keeper - I didn't like the std set up
I fitted a couple more guides for the rudder lift and drop rope

the last thing I did today was fit the transducer for the Lowrance 5HDI -- that took a little time although the mounts that came with the transducer fitted straight on the trany sat 12 mm proud of the bottom
I didn't like the idea of that running onto things before the hull . So the bracket was cut down and welded shorter and after a couple of test fits
a few bends it all bolted up pretty close to flush with the bottom
Much happier with the mount now

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrows list fit the sounders head unit
fit some rod holders to the front

it will take a bit of time doing both
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Babylon
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Post by Babylon »

Looking really good Cheater congrats on your new ride mate very very nice.
Are you selling your old one or keeping it .Cheers Babylon :clap: :thumbsup: