Heading back in

A section for the yak sailers around Victoria!
cruiser
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: AI

Heading back in

Post by cruiser »

Took this pic today on the way back in to fishos
Attachments
015.JPG
mob 0423 492 759
ratfish
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Outback + mini x + AI

Re: Heading back in

Post by ratfish »

ooh ah, do I buy one of these for the tarpon or just skip it and get a TI for the wife, I mean the kids, yeah yeah that's it.

Very nice mate, between the PA sail and the fins it must be a nice cruise back in, when the wind works out for you at least :lol:
Yuz
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Revo, of course :)

Post by Yuz »

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy these direct from PA???
Really don't want to pay the middle man...
Ideally I'd buy the sail sheet itself, as i'm designing a sail adapter to fit the outback mast receiver...
Attachments
sail adaptor.jpg
Yacker
Yak Master
kayak: Yellow PA and red Q kayak

Post by Yacker »

cruiser wrote:Took this pic today on the way back in to fishos

Hey Cruiser, at risk of appearimng ignorant :oops: , what have you got going on there? i.e. what yak is it and whats the go with the sail? I dont know anything about sailing a yak, but it looks lie you've got it going on :mrgreen:
Many and strange are the universes that drift like bubbles in the foam upon the River of Time
cruiser
PHD in Yakology.

Post by cruiser »

Hi Yacker,its called a pacific action sail and they have been around for a few years now, my yak is a hobie adventure but these sails will fit most yaks ,they come in different sizes for each application .Ive only had it for a short time now but find it easy to use even for a novice like me and I know nothing about sailing ,trolling is no problem with the sail at the front and at times have caught and released several snook and sambos while under sail,only early days yet so plan to do a full report a bit later on the pros and cons .Just to give you a taste a few weeks ago down at Torquay I launched in a 15 knot north westerly and the yak was smokin :shock: and at the other end of the scale going across the wind in about 5 knots at Lorne picked up a flattie while bouncing a sp across the sand .At this point in time Im one happy yakker

cheers cruiser
mob 0423 492 759
ELM
Yak Master
kayak: A very dusty one.

Post by ELM »

Great to see you are loving the sail and even more important, getting quite proficient by the looks Geoff. PS nice pic mate ;)
When we say it's BIG RED SEASON, we don't mean a big red blood stain on the bay,
GET YOUR LIGHTS ON + YOUR PFD'S.

Happy Sailing Fishing and keep blowing bubbles.
Cheers
Eddie

ELM
Yak Master
kayak: A very dusty one.

Post by ELM »

Hey swivels, how would the hinges and telescopic legs off a tripod go ? Just a thought ;)
When we say it's BIG RED SEASON, we don't mean a big red blood stain on the bay,
GET YOUR LIGHTS ON + YOUR PFD'S.

Happy Sailing Fishing and keep blowing bubbles.
Cheers
Eddie

Yuz
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Revo, of course :)

Post by Yuz »

ELM wrote:Hey swivels, how would the hinges and telescopic legs off a tripod go ? Just a thought ;)
Hi Elm
Telescopic masts would be awesome but at this point i'm looking at 20mm alu tubing with 2mm wall thickness...
This just a concept for now, the hobie mast receiver will allow the bottom part of the sail to rotate, this I think would be more efficient in the side wind than the "fixed" version 8-) or i'll tip every 10 seconds :twisted:

I'm actually surprised PA don't make a sail to fit hobies :shock:
cruiser
PHD in Yakology.

Post by cruiser »

ELM wrote:Great to see you are loving the sail and even more important, getting quite proficient by the looks Geoff. PS nice pic mate
One of the best things I have added to the yak Eddie ,dare I say it fishing is almost secondary :oops: :)

cheers cruiser
mob 0423 492 759
cruiser
PHD in Yakology.

Post by cruiser »

swivels wrote:I'm actually surprised PA don't make a sail to fit hobies
Hi swivels
PA sails will fit most yaks and my yak is a hobie adventure ,they are made to fit at the front of yak so they can be folded down and out of the way when its not being used ,I have had the yak out in 15 knot winds with the pa sail and tipping wasnt a issue ,over 20 knots they tell me its white nuckle territory but you should not be out there in a yak anyway.
Im no expert but hope this helps

cheers cruiser
mob 0423 492 759