Wot Pisses Me Orf!

Completely off topic!
chrisw
Square eyes
kayak: Dune PA14

Re: Wot Pisses Me Orf!

Post by chrisw »

bunyip wrote:One of the problems today is panelbeaters cost a fortune, wifes car incurred the smallest of dings in the rear side panel, I thought it was a $100 fix but the panel beater informed us that because of the complexities inside the panel and all the curves he replace the side of the car, cost $5k, fortunately the leaver of dents left his card under the wiper and we claimed against his insurer.
I thought he was having a joke at our expense but found out that new cars can be difficult to remove dents from and this is common practice, so what looks like a minor ding can be a months pay or 10 years pocket money.
Someone scraped the bumper on our camry a little while back, leaving a pretty deep gouge in the plastic (they were honest enough to leave their contact info which was nice). I was expecting to be shocked at the cost to repair but was really quite surprised. Panelbeater scraped it back, filled the gouge, then blended it (which is apparently difficult with a black car, as ours is) all for $350.

Guess I just got lucky, glad it was the bumper and not a panel :!:
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Post by Steve_R »

City traffic. Highway traffic. Traffic in general.

People who drive up behind you on the highway far faster than the speed limit then don't overtake where it is safe to do it but sit on your clacka at highway speed as if you were both travelling at 60kph in the city.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Western port Toadies.
Wind Waker
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback, Hobie PA14 MD180,

Post by Wind Waker »

Push bikes.... and motorbikes.

Motorbikes lane filtering at 120km/h when the traffic is doing 100 already. Filtering at 80km/h when traffic is doing 40km/h. I don't have a problem with filtering, I have a problem with the speed differance. They are cutting not filtering. Its painful with a full load on a ute trying to watch for some ahole approaching on a white line at full throttle.

Push bikes on bikes pathes when you are walking who don't use the bell when approaching from behind at speed. Bikes on mountain roads who won't let a car past after 10 minutes of being stuck behind them. Personal hate that has really got me bent out of shape is pushbikes in traffic that stop at lights and hold onto the ute tray or bull bar instead of unclipping their feet to put a foot on the ground. Pushbikes who use the road when there is a bike path right there for them to use.

...and a fishing related one.... that I don't have enough money to equip every rod with a steez :mrgreen:
Live long, fish hard and hopefully catch something.
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Post by bunyip »

Mid week lotto and all the conditions, got six numbers (with a supp in amongnst them) and was planning a new home and a few cars but only got $39.00 :down:
zarbs
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by zarbs »

Looks like it might be a downsize :oops: :oops:
mazman
Lord of the fish
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher and 2015 Hobie Outback

Post by mazman »

Going 3 days or more without fishing, it's incredibly unhealthy and the side effects can be severe
Facebook page: Hawkesy Fishing
Youtube: Hawkesy Fishing
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Post by Steve_R »

mazman wrote:Going 3 days or more without fishing, it's incredibly unhealthy and the side effects can be severe
Don't worry. You'll lose that unscratchable itching after a month or three.
Last edited by Steve_R on 13 Mar 2017, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Post by 4liters »

when you get back from a fishing session at 4am, are enjoying a well earned sleep in and jehovah's motherfucking witnesses decide to drop by for a chat at 9am
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Post by 4liters »

Digger wrote: I do think we need a return of conscription though to try and get young people on the right path and to have a bit of self respect.
or i dunno, the government could fix the economy so there's actually jobs for young people and they have something productive to do with their time instead of fucking around and taking ice