Jay's Hobie Quest 13

Show off your kayak!
Jay
Square eyes
kayak: 2014 Hobie Quest 13, 2015 Hobie Outback

Re: Jay's Hobie Quest 13

Post by Jay »

laneends wrote:Drilling holes is nerve wrecking isn't. With most things i've installed, even with all the procrastinating, on water trials always leaves me wishing they were a few cms this way or that way.

If you are ever at full stretch trying to reach a nut in the hull through the hatches, you can always unscrew and remove hatch assembly, sometimes it can give you that extra cm to reach. I'm thinking a couple of mounts behind the seat area, but its a bugger to reach
I had huge troubles with the grommet behind rear well and so from now on I only install anything where it is within reach.

Yes you're right, I almost had a nervous breakdown drilling that first hole :lol:
Babylon
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Post by Babylon »

Very nice Jay coming along nicely.Cheers Babylon :thumbsup:
Somewhere 'Offshore'
Survivor
kayak: 2015 Adventure Island

Post by Somewhere 'Offshore' »

Nice work Jay. good on ya for taking it out a few times first to figure out the layout and not just jumping into it.
Looking good :thumbsup:

(when I saw the title I thought someone had gotten me an early birthday present ;))
The tug is the drug~

Somewhere 'Offshore' - the only place I don't hear the voices
Jay
Square eyes
kayak: 2014 Hobie Quest 13, 2015 Hobie Outback

Post by Jay »

Babylon wrote:Very nice Jay coming along nicely.Cheers Babylon :thumbsup:
Cheers Jimbo! Happy with it so far mate! Covers most of what I need
Somewhere Offshore wrote:Nice work Jay. good on ya for taking it out a few times first to figure out the layout and not just jumping into it.
Looking good :thumbsup:

(when I saw the title I thought someone had gotten me an early birthday presi ;))

Thanks Jay!
It was hard to resist the urge, but pays dividends. Gave me the opportunity to really work out pro's and con's of placement and I think now that has given me an end product that is actually practical as well as functional :D