l2andom's Revo13+AI-Updated whenever new things come along!

Show off your kayak!
wacazac
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Revolution 13

Re: l2andom's Revo 13 - Updated whenever new things come alo

Post by wacazac »

Good looking set up there Michael, but then Revo's just "look good" don't they :up:
What sort of tracks are they and where did you get them from as I'm thinking about fitting something like that, mine came with 2 "Scotty" flush mounts already installed but they are too far forward for me (I'm a short arse) and the rod holder fouls the pedals :down:
Spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

pb dusky flathead 60cm
l2andom
Square eyes
kayak: Adventure Island, WildySys T140, Outback

Post by l2andom »

wacazac wrote:Good looking set up there Michael, but then Revo's just "look good" don't they :up:
What sort of tracks are they and where did you get them from as I'm thinking about fitting something like that, mine came with 2 "Scotty" flush mounts already installed but they are too far forward for me (I'm a short arse) and the rod holder fouls the pedals :down:
Yeah, they do just look good :thumbsup: ! They are Yakattack GT90's (Geartrac). I bought them directly from their website http://www.yakattack.us , the shipping will take about 2-2.5weeks. Works really well and all the accessories/rodholders I have come on and off pretty easily. The tracks themselves are quite sturdy, but there is an option to getting a backplate for it (in my opinion not necessary). Installation was pretty straight forward, but if you have shorter arms you may have a bit of a tougher time as you have to reach inside the yak to get the nuts and washers on. I'll get more pictures up once I find the time and finish random little things I am adding to it. :D
Haynsie
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Revolution 13

Post by Haynsie »

Looking good Michael. As others have said, they're a great platform (and oddly under-represented on this forum). I'm on my second Revo and they're fast, stable and can handle the worst conditions. There have been times when it would be nice to have the space of a PA, but you just have to be organised with the gear and not take the whole shed out with you.

Cheers

Tim
l2andom
Square eyes

Post by l2andom »

New addition onto the yellow boat. I bought a Native Watercraft fish bag and fit her on. So far so good, nice and snug. Gotta see how it works out on the water tomorrow :thumbsup:

http://www.nativewatercraft.com/accessory.cfm?id=66 << Info on the bag from NWC.

This is the bag, I got it from austinkayak.com

Underneath there are places you can tie things to or use straps, I tied some bungee. It's on the pointy end of the bag. The reason for that was because the bungee would slide under the front hatch with the bag sitting over it all the way to where the straps hold the hatch down. It sits nicely in there and does not move.

I added another bungee to the front two clippy thingies and put in a carabiner so it could snap onto the metal eye where the front handle attaches to.

Sideshot of how it sits.

From the "drivers seat" of the yak. The bag has 2 zippers and opens up quite big. As you can see I attached another bit of bungee cord and used some leftovers to make a little tag/handle.

Not the best pictures or the best of explanations, but hopefully you kind of get the drift. She sits really nicely, so I don't foresee any real issues or problems. Not sure if many others use fishbags or not, I just didn't feel like lugging around a cooler/eski. Also looking at it now, I could have probably just flipped it upside down and slid it onto the hatch but I didn't want that many things pressing against the seal.
l2andom
Square eyes

Post by l2andom »

Soon to install an anchor trolley, just trying to decide which side I really want it on still. But until then, this is not really a mod but how I store my tackle. I did however put a semi-flexible plastic bucket into the center hatch of my Revo. I cut the top so it would fit nice and snug, drilled some smaller holes along the bottom and sides so if water got in they would drain, and set her in place. Works great and fits a ton of stuff. Anyways, this is a pic of how I keep my tackle. It all fits into the bucket hatch mod along with my water, food, and whatever else I bring to include bait. The orange box is divided into two and has plain hooks of various sizes on one side and jig heads on the other. The rest are just lures/jigs. One for bigger ones, the other for med/small, and third one for squid jigs. Missing is another one I have divided that has weights, snaps, and swivels. Was just too lazy to go get it :lol:

Last edited by l2andom on 22 Jan 2014, 07:54, edited 1 time in total.
wokka1
Yak Master
kayak: Compass

Post by wokka1 »

Ha...I have those exact dry cases...perfect size, one with lures, one with squid jigs and one with my little lithium battery. handy little buggers for ~ $ 10 ish at Bunnings !
Regards,
Wokka. (aka...Fruitbat)
Fishing... a jerk on one end of the line waiting for a jerk on the other
l2andom
Square eyes

Post by l2andom »

wokka1 wrote:Ha...I have those exact dry cases...perfect size, one with lures, one with squid jigs and one with my little lithium battery. handy little buggers for ~ $ 10 ish at Bunnings !
VERY handy! lol. Didn't actually expect them to work out as well as they have. :thumbsup:
MrTall
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: mini-x, revo, oasis

Post by MrTall »

Just got anchor trolley for my revo 13 at slh today. Im gonna put it on starboard side coz when the rudder is stowed it flips up on port side and I would rather avoid any tangles if I need to lift it at anchor for any reason.
The bucket in the centre hatch sounds like a good mod. I am currently trying to figure out what will work best for me.
What size bucket have you used?
Dave
l2andom
Square eyes

Post by l2andom »

MrTall wrote:Just got anchor trolley for my revo 13 at slh today. Im gonna put it on starboard side coz when the rudder is stowed it flips up on port side and I would rather avoid any tangles if I need to lift it at anchor for any reason.
The bucket in the centre hatch sounds like a good mod. I am currently trying to figure out what will work best for me.
Dave

Picked up a 42l one at Aldi. It may not seem like it would fit, but it does if you chop off the top and bend and flex it around. Fits really snug. :thumbsup: . Good idea with the trolley as well.
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

l2andom wrote:
MrTall wrote:Just got anchor trolley for my revo 13 at slh today. Im gonna put it on starboard side coz when the rudder is stowed it flips up on port side and I would rather avoid any tangles if I need to lift it at anchor for any reason.
Dave

Picked up a 42l one at Aldi. It may not seem like it would fit, but it does if you chop off the top and bend and flex it around. Fits really snug. :thumbsup: . Good idea with the trolley as well.
These are very soft and have a 360mm diameter base. If Aldi have non left you can pick something similar up at Bunnings, even at supercheap auto.

Keep in mind when you lift hatch water drips inside so a couple of drainage hole in bucket might stop it puddling, especially if you get a wave over the side while its open.