Your yak, what cheeses you off?

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
Bryce
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: None to be continued………

Re: Your yak, what cheeses you off?

Post by Bryce »

Babylon wrote:Dont get it out enough. :wave1:
X a Billion
Tomcat
The force is strong in this one
kayak: none

Post by Tomcat »

the seat. i hate the way kayak seat are made. they are not made for comfort. especially for someone that is tall with a bad back.
squidgyflicker
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: 2015 hobie revolution 13

Post by squidgyflicker »

couldn't fish in the timber at eildon when i go there to fish at times and the bare adventure doesn't have the turning circle to give chase once hooked to a big green beasty so i sold it to humey and will rectify the situation post haste....as in tomorrow morning.....was perfect for the bay though other than the wet butt, having said that there's no tree's out there....lol
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

squidgyflicker wrote:couldn't fish in the timber at eildon when i go there to fish at times and the bare adventure doesn't have the turning circle to give chase once hooked to a big green beasty so i sold it to humey and will rectify the situation post haste....as in tomorrow morning.....was perfect for the bay though other than the wet butt, having said that there's no tree's out there....lol
The timber is excellent for my old cheapy ebay yak with no tracking and ability to spin on a dime
RayS
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA12

Post by RayS »

Love the new Kingy, but totally cheesed off with the way the retailer installed one of the rod holders. No sooner got on the water yesterday morning than the right hand side holder simply fell off :o ,taking my drunken monkey/Freams set up with it. Fortunately I was just mounting the yak so was only a couple of feet of water and got it all back. Closer inspection and found that the star port had only been held in place by maybe two turns of each mounting screw. And weight of the (extremely light) out fit was enough to put it over the side :x

Not happy Jan!!! :x :x
cheers Ray
0422 63 64 65
"It's 5 o'clock somewhere"
Deefa
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie TI & 3.6m paddle yak

Post by Deefa »

Eco Ambush clone:

Little freeboard. (Although powering into chop, at least you go through it without stopping, but the water you take on doesn't shed anywhere except in the cockpit)
One scupper hole in cockpit.
Weight for size.
Lack of on-water accessible storage.
cbarker54
Lord of the fish
kayak: Red Outback

Post by cbarker54 »

Jenko wrote:
cbarker54 wrote:X3 on the cart. Also my handle for the rudder controller keeps coming off. Must have happened to me 4 or 5 times on the water
Try a drop of locktight on the screw Chris, Sally's outback handle was loose from the factory and so was the Oasis when we bought that new too.
Thanks mate will do :thumbsup:
CB

I couldnt think of anything witty or funny to say and didnt really want to post my PB fish from the yak cause all I manage to get are toadies so I thought I'd take the time to fill in the blank space and say pretty much absolutely nothing and annoy every-one who has taken the time to read this.
Luckyphil
Square eyes
kayak: 14ft timber sea kayak, redfish 14

Post by Luckyphil »

Heritage Redfish 14.
First up it is a truly awesome yak, but like most yaks has a few niggles. There is only 1 access port into the hull which would limit the amount of gear you can put in the hull. The rear well gets pretty wet despite having 4 drain holes. Doesnt track that well running with any sort of chop or waves. Seat is not great, but most of them are pretty ordinary, self inflating Seak seat cushion helped a lot.
It`s life Jim, but not as we know it ![/b

Pbs: black bream 38, Gummy 1100, whiting 38, flathead 60+,
MrTall
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: mini-x, revo, oasis

Post by MrTall »

I have 2 mini x yaks ( one is the wifes). They are fantastic little yaks for skinny water and in close on the bays with heaps of storage, plenty of stability, and light to load/unload.
The only problem is that they are little yaks that take alot of effort to paddle distances and they catch alot of wind.
But it is not an offshore yak and inshore it does its job better than almost all yaks its size.
Just means I need to get a offshore yak to compliment it. :evilgrin:
Robbo1994
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie Quest 13

Post by Robbo1994 »

biggest problem with mine is that it deters fish!