Brand new Adventure Island

Show off your kayak!
Serge
The force is strong in this one
kayak: RED - Adventure Island.

Re: Brand new Adventure Island

Post by Serge »

What would be the best way to fish from an AI, trawling or from an anchored position?
For CCTV, Intercom, Access control or Alarm system please contact Serge on 0419 136 081. Service and installations.
fishingbay
kayak: Hobie adventure island

Post by fishingbay »

I like to troll from my AI, but for anchoring and bait fishing I prefer to use just one AMA(outrigger style).
Spiegel35
kayak: Revo 13

Post by Spiegel35 »

Hi serge,
Congrats on your new purchase, I've just got a second hand AI.
Interested in what locations you fish from as always looking for new locations. And you live quite close to me.
I have fished a bit from frankston,crib point ,inverloch mostly
Cheers
Serge

Post by Serge »

Hi Steve,
Honestly I haven't being out much and I'm still learn the ropes. I bought my AI on Friday and its being delivered on Sat 31st.
How have you got your AI rigged up for fishing as I'd like to rig mine up and I'm looking for ideas.
Serge.
For CCTV, Intercom, Access control or Alarm system please contact Serge on 0419 136 081. Service and installations.
Spiegel35
kayak: Revo 13

Post by Spiegel35 »

I've bought a 2nd hand demo model2010. It came with a ram tube that attachs to a ram mount that is just behind the seat. Not sure if that is a standard thing. You can tilt it in lots of different directions. That all I've really got at this stage.
How are you going to transport yours. I've been out 3 times and finding it a pain with all the times it takes setting up. Thinking of getting a trailer so i can be mostly set up.
I haven't actually caught a fish in the AI yet,had a revolution 13 previously and was going a lot slower trawling and always caught fish. So have to figure that out.
Serge

Post by Serge »

I've got two vehicles, the ones a Hi Ace with a tradies ladder rack which I'm hoping to use if the AI isn't too heavy to lift on to.
The others just Camry sedan with a roof rack. No sure which one I'll be using I'll have to wait and see.
Serge

Post by Serge »

Finally I was able to take the AI out for the first time yesterday. Sailed around Brighton pier. I am very happy and impressed as to how easy it was to operate. I've never had any experience in sailing before so this was all new to me. The only problem I had was putting the wheels back on while it was still in the water by the ramp. The wheels are inflated with air, I was holding the yak steady with one hand while trying to submerge the cart with the other which i found impossible to do. I had to dissemble the yak so as to put on the cart. How do other AI owners do it?
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Post by bjspinner »

Serge wrote:Finally I was able to take the AI out for the first time yesterday. Sailed around Brighton pier. I am very happy and impressed as to how easy it was to operate. I've never had any experience in sailing before so this was all new to me. The only problem I had was putting the wheels back on while it was still in the water by the ramp. The wheels are inflated with air, I was holding the yak steady with one hand while trying to submerge the cart with the other which i found impossible to do. I had to dissemble the yak so as to put on the cart. How do other AI owners do it?
You could try taking one wheel off the cart so it is less buoyant.
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's
mingle
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: one

Post by mingle »

Serge wrote:Finally I was able to take the AI out for the first time yesterday. Sailed around Brighton pier. I am very happy and impressed as to how easy it was to operate. I've never had any experience in sailing before so this was all new to me. The only problem I had was putting the wheels back on while it was still in the water by the ramp. The wheels are inflated with air, I was holding the yak steady with one hand while trying to submerge the cart with the other which i found impossible to do. I had to dissemble the yak so as to put on the cart. How do other AI owners do it?
This had me stumped for a while, but here's the best way to get your A.I. back on the cart:

1: Drag it up onto the beach.
2: Remove the mast/sail and anything that could fall off.
3: Fold the outriggers against the hull and use the paddle-keeper bungees to hold them against the yak.
4: Get the cart in one hand.
5: With the other hand, lift the entire boat using one of the side grab-handles, until it's about 70º from horizontal.
6: Slide the cart into the scupper holes and gently lower the boat back to the horizontal.

It takes a bit of practise and moderate strength, but it's easy once you've done it a few times.

I use my right hand to lift the boat, holding the cart in my left and I use the right-side grab handle
(if that makes sense!)

Cheers,

Mike.
Serge

Post by Serge »

Thanks Mike, but if I'm on the boat ramp I don't really want to drag the AI along the concrete.
mingle wrote:
This had me stumped for a while, but here's the best way to get your A.I. back on the cart:

1: Drag it up onto the beach.
2: Remove the mast/sail and anything that could fall off.
3: Fold the outriggers against the hull and use the paddle-keeper bungees to hold them against the yak.
4: Get the cart in one hand.
5: With the other hand, lift the entire boat using one of the side grab-handles, until it's about 70º from horizontal.
6: Slide the cart into the scupper holes and gently lower the boat back to the horizontal.

It takes a bit of practise and moderate strength, but it's easy once you've done it a few times.

I use my right hand to lift the boat, holding the cart in my left and I use the right-side grab handle
(if that makes sense!)

Cheers,

Mike.