G'day from the hills

New? Say G'Day here!
Tormentor
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Jem Southwind (built)

Re: G'day from the hills

Post by Tormentor »

widsa wrote: Oh no look out, I am going to be one of these people who stands on the shore asking 1,000 questions, keeping you from going fishing!!! :twisted:

Maybe you could put your build photos up in the DIY section for members to view, I think she deserves to be admired!.
Widsa, you can ask me anything, as long as it's whilst we are paddling out to fish :) I'll have a few questions of my own to ask too.
ELM wrote: I envy you. I used to carve Native American Flatbows for archery, the feeling I got when first launching an arrow is something else, really gave me a buzz.

I thought you looked to be sitting very high, have you tried changing/lowering that to see if it helps with paddling/steering/balance?
Funny I thought about building a bow myself but a laminated recurve, lightweight so the kids could use it too.

The seat height has been lowered since the photo in the build was taken and I'll be sitting on the floor if it gets choppy :D surprisingly I had no problem with balance and once the I had 50 kg of water on board ( 70 litre tote box - "live well") it steered beautifully.

Tor