Daiwa Hobie Kayak Bream Super Series set to fire at FORSTER

Australian Bream Fishing competition talk here!
JoshCarpenter
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Daiwa Hobie Kayak Bream Super Series set to fire at FORSTER

Post by JoshCarpenter »

The 4-5 of May will see round 11 of the Daiwa Hobie Kayak Bream Series coming up to the home of probably the most brutal Bream on the east coast, Forster New South Wales.

It’s time to put away all your super finesse rods and pull out the “come hither” sticks, leave your pretty lures at home and dust off the “suicide squad” (AKA the lures you never use and don’t mind donating to the rack Gods). It’s time to fish Forster and do battle with its Bream that collect lures like pieces of jewellery.

This round sees a few twists in the anglers favour. Being a “Super Series” it will be a 100% payback event but even more importantly it will be a there will be an extra points weighting for the BREAM Kayak rankings list. An extra 10 points on each place meaning 25% extra for first place and even more for each subsequent place. A real chance for all anglers to jump up that list and shake up the top spots. This round will also be a four fish limit as opposed to the usual three to spice things up a little more.

The local Hobie dealer, Barclays Marine, will as always be in attendance handing out lunch packs beforehand and cooking a BBQ for all the hungry anglers afterwards. The other good news is you can get any fishing tackle you need from them as well.

With entrants already in from anglers representing four different states it looks like Forster will be one of the bigger rounds on the east coast this year. More information can be found at http://www.hobiefishing.com.au and entry can be done through ABT at www.bream.com.au and we’ll see you there.
Drifta-X
Yak Master
kayak: 2010 hobie outback

Re: Daiwa Hobie Kayak Bream Super Series set to fire at FORS

Post by Drifta-X »

Just google earthed the place and I can see what u meen bout em collecting lures like jewlery
I survived the June 2012 Vyak server crash, just.
JoshCarpenter
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Post by JoshCarpenter »

Oh yeah........ but watch the latest AFC DVD that came out to see what it can produce. Russell Babakuhl hauls a 1.8kg monster from the racks.
Drew
Square eyes
kayak: 2008 Revolution Fish and 2011 Outback

Post by Drew »

I spent Easter up at Forster, and a envy anyone who can pull Bream from the racks... Spent nearly about 4 days on various tides, with heaps of hits, but no conversions... :(

lovely part of the world - my inlaws live up there, and for some unknown reason, my inlaws don't fish!! :shock:
Yak PB's:

- Rock Flathead 45cm
Drifta-X
Yak Master
kayak: 2010 hobie outback

Post by Drifta-X »

So im yeah, when ya heading back there ;)
I survived the June 2012 Vyak server crash, just.
Drew
Square eyes
kayak: 2008 Revolution Fish and 2011 Outback

Post by Drew »

Drifta-X wrote:So im yeah, when ya heading back there ;)
probably August-September? then usually after Xmas for a couple of weeks...
Yak PB's:

- Rock Flathead 45cm