light and flags

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
Babylon
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Re: light and flags

Post by Babylon »

Here are picts of the Visicabon Pro to be released on the 10th Aug.
Also have no affiliation with them just happy with product and service.Cheers JIm :)
Light has 2 leds in it and center is highly reflective.
The flag is lightweight and doubles as a carry bag .
It has a ram mount base.
All folded up
Packed up and ready to store.
Again this is what suits me. :D
bilby
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Fender Stratocaster + Marshall stack

Post by bilby »

Looks the goods Jimbo.
Bilby.
Bill 0409139460
yakatak
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Mirage 09 Dune Pro Angler & 08 Red Oasis

Post by yakatak »

Hi
These look great but I noticed that the pole is made from Carbon Fibre Wouldn't that be like attaching a Lightning rod to your Kayak?
What about theses ones http://kayakfishinggear.com/visipole.aspx
Cheers Al
Hobie Pro Angler, The Only KaYak Visable From Space.
My Best Catch So Far - My Wife - 46cm Flathead - 37cm Pinky - 32cm Whiting
Alan 0413 309764
Babylon
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Post by Babylon »

They are made by the same crowd AL .
check the website Cheers Jim :)
redfish
kayak: 2013 PA 14

Post by redfish »

I've got a VISI Pole 2 LED and I'd highly recommend it. I was meant to get the 4 LED version, but KFS ripped me off in their last days before going bust. (at least he shipped my order)

A couple of notes about the VIVI Pole.

The Teklite takes 3 AA's. I use rechargables, and the bottom one is stuck in the tube and I have no idea how to get it out!

The flag is very visible, just make sure you mount it far enough back that it won't smack you in the head when the wind is coming from behind you (like when you're anchoring). The flag alone makes me feel a lot safer on the water and lots of my fishing buddies have commented about how easy it is to find me.

The pole is stiff and it can be a bit hard to reach back, remove it from it's holder and turn the light on (remember that you need to mount it away from yourself). The new carbon pole will probably be flexible, making reaching the light a lot easier. Also it looks taller so you can mount it just behind your seat without the aforementioned flag slap in the back of the head.

They're not cheap, but they're a quality product. The Teklite alone is probably $60, for an extra $50 you're getting shipping, the carbon pole, foam floatation and reflective tape, so it's not that bad a deal!
Money doesn't buy happiness. But it buys fishing gear and that's almost the same thing.
Fly Fisher
kayak: Pro Angler

Post by Fly Fisher »

Hi I am looking at getting a light for the upcoming snapper season did they go broke as the web site still appears as if they are still trading
Cheers Andrew

PB: Bream 42 cm Eskine river Lorne
PoddyMullet
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Dagger Drifter 2, Perception Swing, Hobie Revo

Post by PoddyMullet »

FlyFisher, the YakAttack website is still running. I had a VisiPole arrive this week, and found Luther great to deal with (I'm a pain in the arse and wanted to tweak the VisiPole a bit...which he did without any squeals!). Good time to be importing any stuff from the states :up:
ratfish
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Outback + mini x + AI

Post by ratfish »

Hmm I was about to order one but now I want to know what tweaks you did Poddy, hate to think you had a cooler light than anyone but hatters :yahoo: I'd get all jealous
PoddyMullet
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Dagger Drifter 2, Perception Swing, Hobie Revo

Post by PoddyMullet »

Nothing cool about anything I do ratfish, I nerd up and out there to the limit. I'm trying my best to match the Westies at nerdness, but no matter what I do I fall short. Dropping a hundred bucks on a flag pole might get me closer, but I guess in the end ya can't buy honest to goodness Westiness nerd. Westies are just plain ole yak hook nerd ugly! ;) :geek: :up:

Tweaks I had were asking for the bigger flag (older version) on the carbon pole, an extra length inserted to make a slighty higher pole, and I opted for the Bogong moth attractor 4 LED light (half battery life by all accounts) as well. :up:
doddsj
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: 2009 Hobie Outback

Post by doddsj »

G'day,

Does anybody know if the lights come with the ram mount base to fit the Yak? Or do you have to buy that seperately?

Cheers, Steve.