Sortin and pimpin...

What lures are working and people's reviews and photos on what they have caught on them!
madfishman
Lord of the fish
kayak: Pro Angler

Sortin and pimpin...

Post by madfishman »

With all the comps that were going on in the Hobie Bream rounds this year, and being apart of it I have learnt a hell of alot about bream fishing and fishing overall .
I wasn’t the best guy there and pretty much came mid field or worst most times this year but had many of the best times ive ever had ever.
All the other competitors were willing to share and offer advice along with many beers and had a great time.
With the not so good weather at the moment in Vic,I have done some sorting out, finally after 6 months and a shitty Sunday I thought would take some happy snaps to show off.

Having the PA at home now all I needed was a few Blue Plano’s that slide away neatly and outta the way, a few spares to chuck in the front hatch, so i pulled out a small office works, work station and set it up for easy access. Took all day sorting out the tackle along with some home duties.
Pretty much have each tray sorted for a little while at least. All i need to do is grab what i need for the days fishing and slide it in... ;-)

SORTED...

With all the reminiscing while sorting out my lures i got some more pics.

During the comps I had noticed how many pimped lures there were and with some guys having fav lures in fav colours.
This one accounted for many bream from Tassie, Bemm to Marlo, and the monster bream at Forster on pre fish.

DD Panish
So I got 2 more.... :lol:

With many bream rounds all over the place I am trying to get a good range of lures , so heading up the Vic coast towards NSW and in NSW i had to change lure types and actions.
Tthis lure has accounted for many Bream in the comps from me and a few of the guys. This is a great colour to have in the box like the rest of em.

After a little deliberation and going through all my lures I decided to take a gamble and sent some of my lures up to PML ( Pimp MY Lyres).

Heres some results:
DD Panish Pimped in the above Atomic colour

Original Flash Minnow
DD Panish Pimped in the Flash Mnnow colour

THE DOG-x jr

Pimped THE DOG BONE... my best top water lure, had heaps and heaps of fun with this one. 8)
This lure normally retails for $35-40 and when throwing these into some ugly spots such as oyster racks and snaggy edges, it can hurt.... So I jumped online and bought some cheap second handers and sent them up to PML all up returned in my clours $20ea...Bargain.
And of course I decided to get a Vic bream lure pimped and chose a spare stiffy I had lying around.

PML Stiffy..
Image :twisted:

Theres heaps more I WANT but don’t NEED and will probably get them over time so with a vic winter upon us time to save for the next lot...
Cheers ,
Neilo

www.slhobie.com.au
Bigyakka
Square eyes
kayak: 2010 P.A a sexy dune one

Re: Sortin and pimpin...

Post by Bigyakka »

I pretty much spent the whole day cleaning the garage and sorting out all my lures aswell :D Although most of them fitted in 2 plano boxes its still fun and i look forward to purchasing many more lures in the future. Looks like u had fun mate lets see if we can put some of these to the test at Marlo
78.5cm, 5.5kg Snapper Sunnyside, 59cm flathead safety beach, 56cm Salmon safety beach, 60cm Snook Black Rock, 34cm King George Whiting Oliver Hill, 38.5cm Bream Patterson River
MitchT
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Post by MitchT »

I don't reckon I have one blue plano box of lures and you have 10 planos :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Good stuff Neil. I will have to stock up. Might be coming to Marlo with you guys....

Thanks, Mitch!!!!
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Nice work madfishman, very informative.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
madfishman
Lord of the fish
kayak: Pro Angler

Post by madfishman »

mtfisho wrote:I don't reckon I have one blue plano box of lures and you have 10 planos :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Good stuff Neil. I will have to stock up. Might be coming to Marlo with you guys....

Thanks, Mitch!!!!
You got a PA, you probably havent looked under the lid in front of the seat, Three Blue planos come with it , 2 yellow and a red.....

maverick wrote:Nice work madfishman, very informative.
Cheers Pete, just trying to help out.
Cheers ,
Neilo

www.slhobie.com.au
MitchT
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Post by MitchT »

:lol: :lol: I know that dude, I'm just saying I couldn't fill 2 of them with all the lures I have :lol:
I admire you now :lol: :lol:
mattyp
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie PA

Post by mattyp »

Nice work Neil.
That reminds me to sort mine out.
Seriously need to add to my collection after losing some at the GF.
Time to visit Ichiban!
Cheers,
Matty

ImageImageImage
bilby
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Fender Stratocaster + Marshall stack

Post by bilby »

I take it those stripey patterns work well Neil ;) I'm looking forward to getting all my crap sorted for the next rounds, but i'm dreading it at the same time.
Cheers Bilby.
Bill 0409139460
loboloco
Lord of the fish
kayak: single sit on top

Post by loboloco »

Awesome stuff, im really getting into the bream fishing at the moment will definitely be in the comps next year!

Cheers
loboloco
Yacker
Yak Master
kayak: Yellow PA and red Q kayak

Post by Yacker »

Just started using a small popper on the Bream, mainly in shallow water (<1m) or close to stucture. Quite amazed how well the bream will hit a popper, never thought of them as a surface feeding fish. Discovered this by accident while chasing EP's. Current popper of choice is a small (40mm?) river 2sea model in gold with a black back. I find the surface hits seem to be more aggresive than normal often with a violent splash.
Really worth a go

Cheers

Tim
Many and strange are the universes that drift like bubbles in the foam upon the River of Time