starting out

Australian Bream Fishing competition talk here!
spacehub
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Revolution 13, beaver tail phantom

starting out

Post by spacehub »

ok so im a week away from getting my hobie and i want too get into comp fishing is it as easy as becoming a member, registering for a qualifyer and your all set provided you have all the equipment required i havent done alot of bream fishing i will when i get the new yak my last wasnt really good for bream fishing
yakgear
Lord of the fish
kayak: y

Re: starting out

Post by yakgear »

Check this http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... &hilit=abt should give you an idea and who to ask for more info..
Donkey
Square eyes
kayak: PA12 - The Appendage

Post by Donkey »

G'day Tom,

As long as you are 15 years old all you have to do is rock up, pay your $50 membership and $50 for each day of competition. Live well needs to be 25l and you're set to go. All the info can be found on the hobiefishing website http://hobiefishing.com.au/ I've learned heaps, made some great mates and had some great times at the bream comps and just wish there were more in vic! Plenty of comp guys on here and they're more than willing to share info give you a hand so don't be afraid to shout out. Just don't expect them to tell you where they got they're day 1 bag, well, untill the end of day 2!

Cheers..
EEeee-ooorrrrrrrrrrrrr
spacehub
kayak: Hobie Revolution 13, beaver tail phantom

Post by spacehub »

Awesome cheers for the info better get a live well with the new yak purchase carnt wait to get involved be good to just get away for weekend fishing
dirtygus23
kayak: Hobie outback 2012 ivory dune

Post by dirtygus23 »

G'day spacehub, was in your boots 12 months ago , hit the forums as you have been there's a wealth of info that everyone's willing to share , just got back from mallacoota which was my 3 rd comp and learnt a bit more. I've had donuts most days but when u catch a few there's no better feeling.
Good luck , hope to see u at a few comps in 2013