What's everyones thought's on Bream GF Prefish ban

Australian Bream Fishing competition talk here!
gtxrally
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Camonoo & Hobie PA

What's everyones thought's on Bream GF Prefish ban

Post by gtxrally »

Hey guys,
What's everyone's thoughts?
thanks
http://www.bream.com.au/modules.php?nam ... e&sid=1015
Crozza
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Re: What's everyones thought's on Bream GF Prefish ban

Post by Crozza »

Nah don't have a problem with it. Bemms a small system & i think it would fish better without too many fish being stung, they'll be everywhere anyway!
gtxrally

Post by gtxrally »

Crozza wrote:Nah don't have a problem with it. Bemms a small system & i think it would fish better without too many fish being stung, they'll be everywhere anyway!
You will need to tell me all of your secrets then JC!!!
Dale.
Windknot
Lord of the fish
kayak: Malibu Mini X & Native Watercraft Propel

Post by Windknot »

Would you still be able to go out and check out the various locations using your sounder only, without doing any actual fishing before the event? Personally, I can't see why not. It does make some sense in many ways, not to be able to pre-fish. It levels the playing field to a certain degree, plus it might ensure better bags for the event. Just my thoughts ...
There's only a fine distinction between fly fishing and standing on the bank looking like an idiot.
mattyp
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie PA

Post by mattyp »

The prefish ban will definitely take pressure off the system. Plenty of full bags and I think anyone in the top 25 after day 1 could take it out on day two.
My thoughts are that we may get to test out the GF kayaks Friday afternoon (to make sure livewell/sounder works OK) and have a look around, minus rods.
Cheers,
Matty

ImageImageImage
gtxrally

Post by gtxrally »

mattyp wrote:The prefish ban will definitely take pressure off the system. Plenty of full bags and I think anyone in the top 25 after day 1 could take it out on day two.
My thoughts are that we may get to test out the GF kayaks Friday afternoon (to make sure livewell/sounder works OK) and have a look around, minus rods.
If we at least get to do that then I think it will be ok?
I would to fish I system i have never fished out of a yak i have never used?
Maybe call 7kg's to win it
Lets hope?
Donkey
Square eyes
kayak: PA12 - The Appendage

Post by Donkey »

Ahh it ain't that bad, especially at a system like bemm. I would rather a prefish myself, but I can see the whole "stung fish" argument too, but if people sting their fish it's their fault! And I do feel sorry for the interstaters. I'd be pissed if I were in their shoes, but some of them will get over it when they peddle 10 meters and catch a PB! I'm still in the comps for the fun of them, even if I do find that hidden competitive side creeping to the surface most comps. And I find the prefish more social and relaxed and a good chance to enjoy a new location with out pressure. So I can see both sides of the coin, I'd pefer a prefish, but can live with out it.... I'm just looking forward to another great weekend!
EEeee-ooorrrrrrrrrrrrr
madfishman
Lord of the fish
kayak: Pro Angler

Post by madfishman »

cant come sooner.....

with regards to pre-fish ban, im all for it....local and interstate..should be pre comp piss ups that are mandatory.....ooops they are..cool..
I just dont wanna be called mr prefish anymore....always get my big fish on the pre fish session..damn.
Cheers ,
Neilo

www.slhobie.com.au
Scott Lovig
kayak: Hobies

Post by Scott Lovig »

I'll own up

The Pre Fish ban is my idea :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

There are pros and cons and I know not everyone will agree, but after 4 years of fishing kayak ABT comps I think prefish days do more harm than good.

Prefish just stings the crap out of most systems. Power boats spread their influence wider but kayaks spread out like caterpillars on a tomato plant.
This is compounded by the fact there are more newbies in the kayak scene, which means those guys havent learnt to preserve a spot for the next day. I made the same mistake year 1 too. ;) I've heard guys brag about stinging 40 fish in one prefish session. :wtf:
Bemm is one system that after a prefish will not fish the same again day 1 of the comp.
If you are new to the system then the prefish ban will actualy give you a better chance as the obvious spots like flats, weed beds, and rock bars have not had the S#!^ beat out of them the day before.
Everyone will catch and weigh in more comp fish, especially beginners and new visitors to the system.

My hope is the ban makes the actual comp more fun for everyone.

Cheers
Cheers

Scott Lovig

Scott Lovig Hobie
03 5975 6399
12C Satu Way Mornington 3931
http://www.slhobie.com.au
yakgear
Lord of the fish
kayak: y

Post by yakgear »