G'day

New? Say G'Day here!
deano
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: PA

G'day

Post by deano »

Hi guys,
I just brought a very well looked after second hand Outback (Thanks to Bilby)! I'm a complete newbie to kayaks (only really started getting into fishing for 6 months also), so I'm very glad a site like this exists with heaps of helpful members. I've grown up in Langwarrin and parents still live there so I'm planning on doing most of my fishing down mornington peninsula way.
Really looking forward to getting amongst it, learning heaps, and meeting you all along the way!
Cheers,
Dean
Jenko
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Big Aluminium One

Re: G'day

Post by Jenko »

There goes the bank account Dean......buying a kayak is just the start, its addictive. :mrgreen:
Cheers Gary
Cheers Gary...
WestVic Signs 0429 184 940
I got a sweater for Xmas, really wanted a moaner or screamer.

Flathead PB 83cm Bream PB 43cm Luderick 38cm
Babylon
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Post by Babylon »

welcome Deanos looks like you already have a fully fitted yak mate well done :) :) Cheers Jim
ELM
Yak Master
kayak: A very dusty one.

Post by ELM »

Hi Dean and welcome mate.
It,s a great bit of kit that you picked up from Bill and it's already set up which is a real bonus. Get yourself some decent clothes for on the water and you will be set for all year fishing.
The crew on here are all a great bunch, loads of get together's which you should make the most of, will learn heaps as there is a lot of talent amongst them all and they will no doubt make you very welcome and share secrets.

Anyway enough of that, get out there and get amongst them, hope to see you there soon.
When we say it's BIG RED SEASON, we don't mean a big red blood stain on the bay,
GET YOUR LIGHTS ON + YOUR PFD'S.

Happy Sailing Fishing and keep blowing bubbles.
Cheers
Eddie

bilby
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Fender Stratocaster + Marshall stack

Post by bilby »

Hi Dean,
Well at least i know my pride and joy for the last 20mths is going to a good home, You will have a ball in the Hobie and may the mojo rub off onto you (well not too much as i still need some) and you catch some great fish. Keep your eyes on the fishing trip section and come on as many trips as you can and you will pick up many many new ideas and your fishing will be more enjoyable.
Anyway mate don't be scared to ask any questions, no matter how stupid they may be.
Bill.
Bill 0409139460
Bigyakka
Square eyes
kayak: 2010 P.A a sexy dune one

Post by Bigyakka »

Gyday deanos you've definately got yourself a well looked after ship there, good luck
78.5cm, 5.5kg Snapper Sunnyside, 59cm flathead safety beach, 56cm Salmon safety beach, 60cm Snook Black Rock, 34cm King George Whiting Oliver Hill, 38.5cm Bream Patterson River
Babylon
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Post by Babylon »

Deano Bill just wants you to come out so he can check
on his baby now she has left home :lol: :lol: :lol: Jim
bilby
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Fender Stratocaster + Marshall stack

Post by bilby »

It hasn't gone yet Jim, i'm sleeping with it this week.
Bilby.
Bill 0409139460
Perch76
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Malibu Stealth 12 & Wavedance Sierra

Post by Perch76 »

Gday Deanos and as Gary said....Goodbye bank balance. Hope u enjoy the site as much as I do.

Cheers

Perch
THE FORMAL BIT
THIS BLOG IS NOT SPONSORED OR SANCTIONED BY SUPER RETAIL GROUP.SUPER RETAIL GROUP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS BLOG.
deano
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: PA

Post by deano »

Cheers guys, can't wait to get out there, just organising my transportation and storage (the unexciting part), once that's done I plan on tagging along as much as I can.

Yeah Jim I think you might be onto something, I reckon Bill might shed a tear when he finally 'let's go' :lol: