Cobra Fish n Dive

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
Knogg
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler 12,COBRA,Fish and Dive,play

Cobra Fish n Dive

Post by Knogg »

Hi guys.

I've just joined so I could put a post up.
I'd had a little glance here after I put my cobra on order.

In another thread someone was asking about this kayak.
Well I can assure you they are fantastice and make an excellent fishing platform.
Poly construction and 3.7m but wide. Very wide I can stand and can carry I very large amount of gear.

These kayaks have a moulded recess or well for mounting your transducer flush externally to your yak hull.

Specific for an eagle or Lawrence. However I've mounded a garmin 300c with an additional plate and a little bit of smarts.

Ive added 3 rail blazer star ports for rod holder either side of me and one inbetween my shins on the centre square hatch.
4 Stainless loops on the front for bunggy straps to secure gear or a soft tackle bag and and I ran the power cable thru the hull under the garmin fish finder mount. All sealed up. I keep a 12v battery on a little water rightish battery box in the hull which is in fixed at this stage.

The yak comes with 4 flush angled rod holders I got some PVC pipe and made rocket launchers to give more height better fit and up from salt water. I fitted some scaled down couplings ontop to make them neat.

In the back I have a plastic Crete and 20l round drum container for my catch. And a little 6 pack esky with anchor rope but the anchor is up closer to me in the Crete.

The back of the seat has two holders. I keep a silicon net large mouth short handle and a decent pair of lip grippers.
The hull I have watertight containers tied to some pints so I can pull the rope to get to of they move.
One has my I phone the other has wallet and keys.

I also had in the hull a large container with a stack of berkley gulps and the wet container recharge pack.

My main rod was a diawa wilderness and shimmano 2500 sized real with 10pnd gel spun and 15pnd leader

I set some of it up on a trip up gippsland way so I took tools and heaps of kit to play around after i had a trial run and knew what would work and what wouldn't .

My first run I bagged 10 flathead between 50 to 60cm. I loved it very much. My tracking improved every time I used it over a week.

Hull weight was 25kg from memory. Awesome yak from Melbourne kayaks glen waverly. Andrew as mentioned on another thread is a true gem to have as my local yak man. He is to appeasing. And very valuable advice I'm really glad I listened to him.

I'm a pack rat and like alot of gear and this is the yak for me. Stable and takes a fenominal payload.

Please excuse my spelling and grammar I'm posting from an I phone. I will try get some pics up.

Count over my week was 14 flat head and a juv salmon and tailor. Very juvenile.

First days flathead feed 10 beer battered but apple cider no beer. Was grouse.
"Every Fisherman has a story" but "Every KAYAK fisherman has a better one"
CrazyChenski
Lord of the fish
kayak: Clarkeski Dusta

Re: Cobra Fish n Dive

Post by CrazyChenski »

Nice review mate ! ANd Welcome ! :clap:
Fishing is just like Accounting .... it is all about Optical Illusion ...............
herbie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Stabicraft 1550 Fisher

Post by herbie »

that is a good review mate. Do you have any happy snaps of the new ride??

I would love to see what she looks like all kitted out
cheers

Herbie
0404 257 360
Knogg
Lord of the fish

Post by Knogg »

cheers
and thank you!

I haven't had a chance to get out my laptop.
I'm in the middle of makIng a home for the cobra in my garage. I considered putting it in my spare room but there's some serious special consideration and Packology involved to fit.

Ontop of making a masive mess before taking off for a week holiday mainly working on the yak but I destroyed the jount dumping every thing on the garage floor my spare room and entry into the house.

Life had been turned upside down abit I have gone from having a commodore and Honda civic and my zx9r in the garage to getting a new car two weeks ago. So I've offed the commodore to my parents front lawn and have a very big VW Amarok in its place.

In now about to drive the Amarok in the middle of everything but I'm confident it will fit.

I have the YAK and Ninja against the side wall and the missus civic on the other side and if in lucky I will fit in the middle without removing the rhino kayak rack feet. From the roof bars
Last edited by Knogg on 31 Jan 2012, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.
Knogg
Lord of the fish

Post by Knogg »

yak2.jpg
just a few pics wass a mess as they were at the end of a day on the water.

i had kids on the front at one point and even took the missus out and although a laittle more effort to paddle it was doable as this hull is based on a twin,

check em out on You tube catching thresher sharks of calafornias coast on fish and dive by cobra.

ill get some tidy pics this week i hope
Attachments
yakmist.jpg
yak4.jpg
yak1.jpg
Knogg
Lord of the fish

Post by Knogg »

just incase you thought i was done.

rule of thumb is it didn't happen unless there's pic's so here is one of some of my catch
Attachments
yakfish.jpg
Knogg
Lord of the fish

Post by Knogg »

I've just put a post up in the beast section for a better view of my cobras. And new hatches I placed up
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by Ghurkin »

Knogg wrote:just incase you thought i was done.

rule of thumb is it didn't happen unless there's pic's so here is one of some of my catch
Onya Corey, thats a very nice feed of flatties you have there, I love chasin flatties in the shallows, hevnt been out for 4 weeks so living my fishing through posts like this, good stuff and thanks for posting :up:
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
bruyaka
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Sport, Revo 13

Post by bruyaka »

Nice looking rig and a great feed of flatties . Keep the reports coming . :thumbsup: