PA trolling

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
ratfish
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Outback + mini x + AI

PA trolling

Post by ratfish »

Cruising around today I decided the final decider on the new kayak was going to have to come down to trolling, AI and PA both do pretty much everything I want with both having bonus' in different areas but ultimately I fish a lot of different waters with a lot of different techniques which is probably why they both appeal.

At the end of the day though if I'm not drifting in the salt or flicking plastics most of my fishing is done on the troll, so, for those PA boys (and girls) that do a bit of trolling, just wondering how you find it. Obviously speeds not an issue since 4km/h is probably the absolute top speed i'm trolling at the big factor for me is distance being covered, it's not uncommon for me to cover 20k's pushing around a lake, I know the adventure can handle it in it's sleep, how's the PA for covering those sorts of distances with winds and trees to dodge?
Brendandrage
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie PA 14 and Tandem Island

Re: PA trolling

Post by Brendandrage »

Hi mate,
I haven't had my pa for long but i did just under 6 klms at altona yesterday just flicking placcies.
The cadence required for trolling is so slow that i could not see any issue in thendistance you are trying to cover, jmho :thumbsup:

Brendan
Brendan 0408412056
Snapper, whiting, flathead, squid, gummy shark, barracoota, salmon, murray cod, yellow belly, bass, pike, leather jacket, bream, school shark
Darren
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Darren »

Maybe book a date with the seller and take them both out for a spin. I know that they'd be happy to do that in Geelong shop for you.
herbie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Stabicraft 1550 Fisher

Post by herbie »

I don't think it would be an issue. Once in the water the pa comes into its own. You are welcome to five mine a burl mate if you want to try one out
cheers

Herbie
0404 257 360
Yacker
Yak Master
kayak: Yellow PA and red Q kayak

Post by Yacker »

Perhaps the biggest issue I find trolling with the PA is keeping it going in a straight line. Not an issue when you have your hand on the rudder control, but once you take it off, if you still have forward movement, you'll start to veer off course.
Many and strange are the universes that drift like bubbles in the foam upon the River of Time