where's all the pics and tales of woe ?

Australian Bream Fishing competition talk here!
mattyp
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie PA

Re: where's all the pics and tales of woe ?

Post by mattyp »

Man......what a long weekend!
Caught 50+ legal Bream including one day at Tamboon.
Marlo is the home of Horse Bream, but Bemm is home of insane Bream fishing with massive numbers of fish throughout the system.
Most fish caught on HB's with a couple on SP's and vibes, in fact on comp day I didn't throw a SP's at all.
Feel for Donkey and his unfortunate ending to the comp and I think he is now in the market for a live well pump.
Fantastic day had by all and I aslo thank Alpine Country in Sale for there support on the day.
Well done Jordy for his win and top effort from MFM with 5th place out of 57 fishos.
Oh and please don't tell cheaterparts about the 65cm flatty, 40cm Trevally and 45cm Tailor I also caught but didn't have a pen to write down this months code for the Vyak comp. :oops: :cry:
Thursday at Tamboon
Friday (Prefish)
Friday's fish
Sunday (comp fish)
Cheers,
Matty

ImageImageImage
bilby
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Fender Stratocaster + Marshall stack

Post by bilby »

Great pics boys, cmon what happened to Donkey ??.
Looks like you all had an awesome weekend and caught some nice fish.
I'm even more shitty now that i couldnt make it.
Bilby.
Bill 0409139460
Donkey
Square eyes
kayak: PA12 - The Appendage

Post by Donkey »

Lets just say it seems I can catch fish, I just suck at keeping them alive. Pretty sure I would have qualified with the bag I had before they went belly up on me.

But up until about 12:30 Sunday I had an awesome time. I completely understand where windknot is coming from and 12 months ago I felt exactly the same, but now I'm well and truely bitten by the tournament bug. The atmosphere was amazing, espescially the pub on the night before the comp. And I met a heap of great people and spent the weekend in top company. Also got to learn a little more about playing the tournament game.. :roll:

As for the fishing, it was pretty damn good. We caught a phenomenal amount of bream using just about every method and I'll never forget the 43cm fish that kept smashing my surface lure until he hooked up. And the Bear that Neil caught on Saturday was epic!

Well done Neil and Matty on a solid finish, I can't wait to do it all again...well not ALL of it.....I'm still recovering..
EEeee-ooorrrrrrrrrrrrr
IceManDude
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by IceManDude »

awesome photos!!!!

spewing i wasn't able to make it....lets hope the hoppies round will be as good :thumbsup: but i'm not holding my breath :lol:
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Great effort by all involved and some brilliant results. Thanks for sharing everyone, bummer about the bream Donkey, now what about the pub story??? :wtf:
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Windknot
Lord of the fish
kayak: Malibu Mini X & Native Watercraft Propel

Post by Windknot »

Oh man, Tamboon Inlet looks fantastic in that photo! I've just got to get myself to there one day soon. 8-)

Great photos guys!! ;)

Mick
There's only a fine distinction between fly fishing and standing on the bank looking like an idiot.
ELM
Yak Master
kayak: A very dusty one.

Post by ELM »

Fantastic effort by all by the sounds of it, and congrats on the win Jordy :clap: .

Donkey, sorry to hear of your loss, both for you and the fish being stored, must have got mighty uncomfortable for them as well. Matty said you may be on the hunt for a Hobie live well; What have you been using and where did it go wrong? Is it something the diy guys need to look at so it does not happen to them?
When we say it's BIG RED SEASON, we don't mean a big red blood stain on the bay,
GET YOUR LIGHTS ON + YOUR PFD'S.

Happy Sailing Fishing and keep blowing bubbles.
Cheers
Eddie