Which PFD?

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
fishsmith
Square eyes
kayak: Pro Angler and Native Watercraft Manta Ray 12

Re: Which PFD?

Post by fishsmith »

I have the Hobie/storm outdoorsman model, has plenty of pockets for gear and is comfortable to wear all day summer and winter..Great bit of kit worth the money,

Hobie Outdoorsman PFD by Stormy .By working together closely, Hobie & Stormy have developed the consummate inflatable PFD for kayak fishing. Hobie is proud to offer a new style of life vest – the Hobie “Outdoorsman” Inflatable PFD. These vests are rated PFD Type 1 under Australian Standards and for that reason, are fit for use in all Australian States and Territories.

Features include:
• Gas cylinder inflator and backup mouth inflator
• Removable/Adjustable Crotch Straps
• Adjustable Front Straps and Zipper
• Convenient Storage Pockets
• 6 x front (4 with mesh for drainage)
• 1 x large at back
• 1 x Inside front
• Safety Whistle
• Bungy loops for attaching braid cutters etc.
• Reflective Shoulder Strips for added visibility
• Shell & Lining – 100% Polyester
• 12 month warranty – extended to 5 years if
serviced each year by certified agent
• Available in XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL
Attachments
outdoorsman_pfd.jpg
outdoorsman_pfd.jpg (12.24 KiB) Viewed 679 times
GoneFishn
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: OceanKayak Prowler Elite 4.5 "Calypso"

Re: Which PFD?

Post by GoneFishn »

ratfish wrote:I think you mean that the other way around Kelly, pfd 2 would let you dive under/avoid things, whereas a type 1 would keep you afloat if knocked unconscious. Canoe Victoria run training sessions and accreditation and would certainly be an option for someone looking for people in the know, not that they fish out of theirs so slightly different issues you'd be facing once the kayaks loaded with gear. Keep your freeboard(I think thats the right word :D ) clear!

No mate what I said is correct but I should have added "before" inflating. I doubt you would be able dive with a pfd2 on :thumbsup: