Native Watercraft Titan Propel 10.5

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
Bluesmartyboy
Apprentice
kayak: Native Watercraft Titan

Native Watercraft Titan Propel 10.5

Post by Bluesmartyboy »

So after nearly a year breaking my teeth in (ON A BCF GLIDE) and deciding if Yak fishin was for me i decided to take the plunge and on Friday became the proud owner of a brand spanking new NW Titan 10.5 in Lizard Lick...

To be honest it was between a new Titan or a second hand Hobie....and i like things to be shiny.....plus i had watched tons of reviews on You tube from Greg Blanchard & friends...who love the Titan albeit for Bass Fishin !!!

Reason for the 10.5 over the other sizes? Well, essentially it was down to weight and transportation as i drive a Ute and do not have a trailer ( more about that later).

Anyhow after getting it home (plus a couple of Railblaza mounts and a flag) as anyone will know the real work begins...you know, the usual “where should i put this?” , “Where should i put that?” Interspersed with increasingly frustrated and aggressive (lol) accusations of “being more in love with the new Canoe than the wife”. Finally, when i could no longer feel my nose due to the cold and not getting any smooches back from the Titan i decided to venture back into the dragons den. I immediately fired up the old Commodore 64, got straight onto intergoogle and Alibay and started spending more of the wife’s shoe fund....

The Shopping List

Must haves:

Berley Pro Steering Upgrade Kit ( If it is a known problem why don’t manufacturers fix em before they ship em)
Hobie Anchor Trolley Kit
Hobie 2 way and 3 way thru hull wiring kits
Stickers (so that i look like a seasoned pro)

Nice to haves (if i can sneak them past the minister of finance)

Yak Power electrics including bullseye blue LED deck lights.
Yak Attack BlackPak or an Esky Marine Pro Cooler (if its a stinking hot day a cold frothy or two are more important than an extra hook or two)

So ordering done and the wallet a tad lighter i got around to sorting out a mount for my Watersnake trolling motor...Now call me old fashioned but a motor goes on the back right ? Transome mounting it was then and with grinder in hand, a ton of enthusiasm and a bourbon it was cut from 6 mm aluminium plate, drilled, shaped and sprayed before the moon had even risen. On the subject of the motor, the 28lb watersnake has only 2 speeds and uses full ampage power even if you only want to go slow which is a waste of precious battery charge so i designed, manufactured and wired up a pulse width controller to give me variable speed. All controlled remotely from my new armchair like seat in its waterproof enclosure.

So now i wait for the goodies to arrive from the various suppliers and then the out fitting continues...

I did however manage to get a sneaky couple of hours on the water in storm conditions on Sunday...and I quickly realised I need a trailer.......Bugger !!!

To be continued....
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Re: Native Watercraft Titan Propel 10.5

Post by peatop »

Sounds like your having fun :up:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Galey
Lord of the fish
kayak: Ok Frenzy

Post by Galey »

A man with a plan. :up:
Bluesmartyboy
Apprentice

Post by Bluesmartyboy »

Finally getting around to adding some photos of the new yak...
Maiden Voyage
Maiden Voyage
Bluesmartyboy
Apprentice

Post by Bluesmartyboy »

Maiden Voyage 2
Maiden Voyage 2
And another
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Looking good :thumbsup:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Bluesmartyboy
Apprentice

Post by Bluesmartyboy »

Really beginnng to fall in love with this Yak....

Uber stable....and almost finished with the mods....

Mods so far include.

Custom transome motor mount
Custom crate (see diy section)
Sound deadening to all storage areas....Run silent Run deep

Custom made variable speed controller for motor

Boonedox landing gear
Berley Pro rudder and steering upgrades
On board through hull electrics
Fish finder
Flag and rod holders....etc......
Attachments
yak werribee river 3.jpg
ecoronad
The force is strong in this one
kayak: native watercraft ultimate 12

Post by ecoronad »

Excellent set up. One day, would dearly love to see how you put your electric motor set up together. I've read a lot of stuff about the PWMs etc. but it seems not a lot of pwm are available locally. I currently have the watersnake T24-ASP with the kayak bracket. I've used it only a couple of times and even at the lowest setting, the motor moves way too quick for my liking.