Portable Navigation Lights (NAVISAFE VS I360)

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
sputnik
The force is strong in this one
kayak: 2015 Hobie Outback

Portable Navigation Lights (NAVISAFE VS I360)

Post by sputnik »

Hi Guys,

After looking around and not finding many reviews, I thought I may as well ask here. Has anyone got either the Railblaza Illuminate I360 or the Navisafe 360 2nm lights?
I am looking at getting a 360 degree anchor light for visibility and would like to know peoples experiences with the two. From what I have found so far, the Navisafe is super bright but reliability is questionable. Having discovered that many Aussie retailers such as SLH have substituted the Navisafe for the I360, it makes me wonder if it is a better product of the two.

Any other guys have input?

THANKS HEAPS!
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Re: Portable Navigation Lights (NAVISAFE VS I360)

Post by peatop »

When i started needing a nav light i went straight to the diy section ;) the cost of nav lights is far to high for what you get, i ended up buying a light from a place in narawarren (http://www.brightlightautoparts.com.au/online-shop) it was a pre made light in epoxy or resin $25 and you can buy a dimmer (recommended ) or as most here have done buy a 1m length of waterproof led strip and wind your own, all these can be attached to high pressure pvc and either use a lead battery of make a bank using nicad, you will find making your own enjoyable and save lots of money in the meantime.

Or you can just go out and buy one :thumbsup:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

I have the I360, it is far superior to the long thin one with the wind top type that they had in the Visbility Kit I, but I haven’t had a Navisafe to compare it to. It’s not as bright as hard wired kits like the Berleypro or an LED strip light but it does the job for morning paddles on the ORS or for loaning to guys with no setup for snapper sessions.
sputnik
The force is strong in this one
kayak: 2015 Hobie Outback

Post by sputnik »

Seasherpa wrote:I have the I360, it is far superior to the long thin one with the wind top type that they had in the Visbility Kit I, but I haven’t had a Navisafe to compare it to. It’s not as bright as hard wired kits like the Berleypro or an LED strip light but it does the job for morning paddles on the ORS or for loaning to guys with no setup for snapper sessions.
In comparison to the older style (halogen) 360 degree anchor light on boats, how bright do you think it would be? Roughly the same?
I am planning on actually using it on top of my boat bimini as well as on the kayak as I do not want to have to hard wire anything.