Bought Something new wanna share it? Post it here

Completely off topic!
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Re: Bought Something new wanna share it? Post it here

Post by Reeling »

ye, I'm really pleased with how it turned out. not sure it will help catch more fish though :eh:
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

Nothing like a little treat...

Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Franko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Dune AI, stealth Supalite X

Post by Franko »

Reeling wrote:Nothing like a little treat...

10 to 15kg ? I have 2 they are Fab.
0401 314 820

Instagram Page Franko Fishes
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

inshorebrawler wrote:
10 to 15kg ? I have 2 they are Fab.
Yep.i thought a out getting a second but also was thinking of the next size down. 6-10kg I think

Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

Courtesy of work, who gave me a voucher which I could spend in BCF, I picked up a waterwolf camera for peanuts:

https://www.bcf.com.au/p/waterwolf-unde ... 20304.html

I wasn't going to bother, but I just happened to be going past one of the only stores which still had one in stock.

I'll be just as interested to see what I dont catch on the donut days as capturing some footage of squid on the lazy rod and maybe even trolling a little HB for snapper/salmon etc.

Obviously also try it out on any offshore trip where there water clarity may be better.

peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Nice of your boss to give you a peanut voucher :up: good thought to hit up bfc, i wouldn't have thought that :wtf: i woulda gone straight to the zoo to feed the elephants ;) , thats looks similar to the Panasonic one, let us what you think of it ;)
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

With the peanut voucher and the discount NIB members get (5%) I only paid $45 for a camera that is advertised elsewhere locally for $230 :evilgrin:

I believe RokkitKit uses the waterwolf so if I don't see similar success I will be taking back :lol:

peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

And asking for the full $230 i hope ;) lol
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
erik the viking
Square eyes
kayak: 2015 Outback

Post by erik the viking »

Reeling wrote:Courtesy of work, who gave me a voucher which I could spend in BCF, I picked up a waterwolf camera for peanuts:
https://www.bcf.com.au/p/waterwolf-unde ... 20304.html
I wasn't going to bother, but I just happened to be going past one of the only stores which still had one in stock.
I'll be just as interested to see what I dont catch on the donut days as capturing some footage of squid on the lazy rod and maybe even trolling a little HB for snapper/salmon etc.
Obviously also try it out on any offshore trip where there water clarity may be better.

Hey Nath;
Have a look at this footage and then maybe plan for more extended usage of this tool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Nd3iHNjR0
The good old Murray cod is called the fish of a thousand casts, and this proves that for sure!
Also, Rokkit Rod @ 6:45 eg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceS8Og8acu8 has been using this one for quite a while now.
So guys, just because you ain't catch'n, doesn't mean they ain't there!
The old Water Wolf i an interesting perspective on fishing.
Won't be long before they get a bluetooth signal from the camera to a phone/device so you can get a live feed?????? Well, we can only hope.
A 21st century version of the sounder/fishfinder no doubt?
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Wifi and bluetooth don't travel through water. You need a hard wired antenna from the camera to above water for it to work.

I won a camera similar to the waterwolf at last years NSC but havn't used it yet. They need clearish water and don't have long battery life so need to be turned on when near potential action. But to turn mine on you need to open it up while keeping it dry. I've had it with me in a dry bag wrapped in a towel. I'll try to remeber to use it once I get in the right area during one of my NSC pre-fishes.
0408 565 763