New member from Patto

New? Say G'Day here!
NEWHOBIEI11S
The force is strong in this one
kayak: HOBIE PA14

New member from Patto

Post by NEWHOBIEI11S »

Hi Guys,
new to forum. Sold the boat and taking the step into the Kayak scene. Living in Patto on the water, watch people everyday fishing from Yaks so thought I'd join in.
Cheers
Adrian
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Re: New member from Patto

Post by happyas »

Hello Adrian. Welcome. You are in the right place for bream. Are you completely new to yakking. Be sure to read up on the safety aspects etc and then enjoy the pastime of kayaking.
NEWHOBIEI11S

Post by NEWHOBIEI11S »

Been on the water since I was a young bloke and have owned many boats over the years. But the kayaking option looks like it opens so many more opportunities to fish and spend time on the water. Also we plan on travelling around with them, I'll make sure I read up on the safety options. I'll practise falling and getting back onto before I take on anything. Tonights veiw cant wait
regards
Adrian
Attachments
Patto home.jpg
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Hi Adrian, and welcome to the world of kayak fishing, there are a lot of members fishing that area so you should be able to catch up with some of us or join in on some of the organized trip in the fishing trip section.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
vicyak
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie PA 14

Post by vicyak »

Nice view. As you know that launch from Patterson lakes is very busy. If you are simply going to kayak out from your house you will have issues with boat traffic. I did Altona ramp a few times (off peak) and still had some interesting idiots speeding past you or getting too close.
NEWHOBIEI11S

Post by NEWHOBIEI11S »

Thanks Guys,
no doubt lots of new experiences coming my way. Some good and some not so, however looking forward to all of it. Going to pick up new Kayaks today and having first test run this sarvo. Stay tuned for pics, hopefully with me not in the water.
Cheers