New member always up for a chat!

New? Say G'Day here!
GLKH3909
kayak: Hobie pa, hobie compass, hobie outback

New member always up for a chat!

Post by GLKH3909 »

Hi guys and gals,

New here to the forum. Been kayaking for what seems like my entire life. Love kayaking and getting out on the water whenever possible, love the freedom of getting out on the water.

Have a love of fishing, and absolutely love the feeling of fishing from the kayak, reeling in my catch and then watching the catch swim away after I release it.

I have been out kayaking around a lot of places in victoria and furthur afield. Enjoy seeing and meeting new people who share the enjoyment from kayaking and fishing.

Currently moving to lakes entrance victoria, and starting up my own hobie kayak rental business running kayaks throughout the gippsland lakes. ( Happy to answer question in relation to this but would prefer PM to keep the forum boards clear from such talk).

Look forward to getting to know everyone here, if your from lakes entrance or surrounds would love to meet you when I move, always happy for a chat.

Thanks for accepting me to this forum
GIPPSLAND LAKES KAYAK HIRE OPENING SOON
HaTTerS
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: None (temporarily)

Re: New member always up for a chat!

Post by HaTTerS »

Welcome aboard Dan & Kylie.

I wish you all the best with your move and new business venture.
Thank you for abiding by our commercial policy.

As you don't yet have the membership time or post count to advertise your business within our Yellow page forum, I'd like to point you towards our signature policy. If you'd like to advertise your business, you can do so within your signature.
http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=11326

I hope you enjoy your stay on Vyak and that your business flourishes.
Poised on the edge of sanity.
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Welcome Dan & Kylie, great part of the world - will you be taking guided tours for people with their own yaks? Do you have access to group accomodation, where for instance, a group of vyakers might spend a weekend in the area?
Last edited by maverick on 31 Aug 2018, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Welcome to vyak, i thought you were already from lakes, so dont worry about the other comment i made in another thread you commented in, enjoy your stay, both here and in lakes ;)
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
GLKH3909

Post by GLKH3909 »

HaTTerS wrote:Welcome aboard Dan & Kylie.

I wish you all the best with your move and new business venture.
Thank you for abiding by our commercial policy.

As you don't yet have the membership time or post count to advertise your business within our Yellow page forum, I'd like to point you towards our signature policy. If you'd like to advertise your business, you can do so within your signature.
http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=11326

I hope you enjoy your stay on Vyak and that your business flourishes.
Thanks Hatters,
Glad to be part of this forum. We have already read all the policies for the forum and will be abiding by them for all forum users.
GLKH3909

Post by GLKH3909 »

maverick wrote:Welcome Dan & Kylie, geat part of the world - will you be taking guided tours for people with their own yaks? Do you have access to group accomodation, where for instance, a group of vyakers might spend a weekend in the area?
Hi Maverick,

We will be providing guided tours once we are up and running around mid December, yes you can use your own yaks (as long as they meet safety standards) or hire one of our new Hobie yaks. There are a few options available for guided tours and places for the tour, depending on if you want to be able to see nature at its finest or throw a line in and try your luck at catching a fish or two. We can organise accommodation for individuals or groups in Lakes Entrance and Lake Tyers. We would love for a group of vyakers to come and spend a weekend with us.

Thanks
GLKH3909

Post by GLKH3909 »

peatop wrote:Welcome to vyak, i thought you were already from lakes, so dont worry about the other comment i made in another thread you commented in, enjoy your stay, both here and in lakes ;)
Thanks Peatop, glad to be here
Markrem
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 10 Propel

Post by Markrem »

Hi Dan & Kylie,
I'm a new member to this forum too, but also a new fishing kayaker as I have been predominantly a trout fly fisher. Have recently bought a Native Slayer 10 Propel and still to launch it in anger. have spent a lot of time rigging it up with some gear and fittings - it's a never ending journey I guess. Looking to chase smaller varieties ie KG Whiting, Pinkies and even Flatties around Port Phillip and Westernport. Might try flies from the yak after I have mastered some of the basic skills. In the meantime I'll be using mostly soft plastics and other lures (much to my fellows fly fishing buddies dismay).
Will be heading down to the Lakes early Feb so may catch up there.
All the best,
Mark
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

G’day and welcome (almost) neighbour!