Howdy!

New? Say G'Day here!
Hobie1kenobi
kayak: Pro angler 14

Howdy!

Post by Hobie1kenobi »

Hey all,
Recently picked up a Pa14, 2014 model. Have since been getting amongst some squids . Yet to catch anything else from it.

Anyways, thought id jump on and have a suss, some good info on here it seems.
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Re: Howdy!

Post by cheaterparts »

Welcome to Vyak Josh -- Snapper season isn't far away so it wont be long before some of that squid could be upgraded for big red fish

only another month or two and a great many species will fire up far better than atm - so get your self up to speed check out the safety section - now is a great time to get things like nav lights operating for that hot bite that may take you into the darkness

and other things that will make your kayak suit how you fish

stay safe and enjoy
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Welcome Josh, as Cheater said the big reds aren't to far away, like you I've just recently bought a PA14 and have only landed squid and a few flatties in it so far, but i know i will soon be out amongst the bigger and better catches, nows the time to check all your gear and safety equipment to be ready for the warmer fishing season ;)
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Welcome, where are you based Josh?
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.