It is currently 17 Nov 2018, 07:04

Central Vic

New? Say G'Day here!

Central Vic

Postby Talon » 03 May 2018, 10:01

Hey Guys,

Got my first Yak last week, keen to hit to water for a fish.

Anyone else on here around the Bendigo/Central Vic region?
Talon
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 02 May 2018, 16:37
kayak: FeelFree Moken 10
Real Name: Kiel

Re: Central Vic

Postby Galey » 03 May 2018, 20:36

I'm Nth East mate, what type of fishing are you keen on?
User avatar
Galey
Lord of the fish
 
Posts: 1304
Joined: 20 Jan 2012, 12:19
Location: Kialla West.
kayak: Ok Frenzy
Real Name: Linton

Re: Central Vic

Postby Talon » 03 May 2018, 22:09

Galey wrote:I'm Nth East mate, what type of fishing are you keen on?


Anything inland really, hoping to take the yak down to a local lake for a test run get the feel of it this weekend.

Then maybe down the track take it on some camping trips along the murray.
Talon
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 02 May 2018, 16:37
kayak: FeelFree Moken 10
Real Name: Kiel

Re: Central Vic

Postby Jacko » 03 May 2018, 22:29

I'm from Melb but a work colleague from Bendigo yak fishes in the local lake somewhere near Kangaroo flat.
Jacko
Lord of the fish
 
Posts: 1070
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 22:23
Location: East Doncaster
kayak: Hobie Outback
Real Name: Robert

Re: Central Vic

Postby Talon » 03 May 2018, 23:04

Jacko wrote:I'm from Melb but a work colleague from Bendigo yak fishes in the local lake somewhere near Kangaroo flat.



That might be where I'm hoping to head on the weekend, Crusoe Reservoir
Talon
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 02 May 2018, 16:37
kayak: FeelFree Moken 10
Real Name: Kiel

Re: Central Vic

Postby inshorebrawler » 04 May 2018, 11:00

Talon wrote:Hey Guys,

Got my first Yak last week, keen to hit to water for a fish.

Anyone else on here around the Bendigo/Central Vic region?


Welcome mate I'm in Sunbury so if you want to hot eppalock let me know
0401314820
My name is Frank and I'm addicted to Hobies.
User avatar
inshorebrawler
Lord of the fish
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: 18 Jan 2015, 01:45
Location: Sunbury
kayak: Dune AI, stealth Supalite X
Real Name: Frank

Re: Central Vic

Postby Talon » 04 May 2018, 17:08

inshorebrawler wrote:
Talon wrote:Hey Guys,

Got my first Yak last week, keen to hit to water for a fish.

Anyone else on here around the Bendigo/Central Vic region?


Welcome mate I'm in Sunbury so if you want to hot eppalock let me know


Will do! Thanks
Talon
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 02 May 2018, 16:37
kayak: FeelFree Moken 10
Real Name: Kiel

Re: Central Vic

Postby Jacko » 04 May 2018, 23:34

Talon wrote:
Jacko wrote:I'm from Melb but a work colleague from Bendigo yak fishes in the local lake somewhere near Kangaroo flat.



That might be where I'm hoping to head on the weekend, Crusoe Reservoir


I can't remember the name but Crusoe Reservior doesn't sound familiar.
I have been meaning to catch up with my mate in Bendigo some time soon. I will try to remember to send you a PM when I am travelling there.

My sister & brother in law also live in Bendigo but they have gone to the NT to fish for Barra and won't be back for a few months.
They have a tinny but don't fish in Bendigo.
Jacko
Lord of the fish
 
Posts: 1070
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 22:23
Location: East Doncaster
kayak: Hobie Outback
Real Name: Robert

Re: Central Vic

Postby robdog » 05 May 2018, 09:48

Hi Talon,
I'm here in Bendigo, fish the usual places- Eppalock, Cain curran,the local rivers etc. Plenty of spots within easy driving distance.
Kayak fishing does become addictive. Enjoy
robdog
Apprentice
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 18 Sep 2011, 21:37
Location: BENDIGO, VICTORIA
kayak: ultimate 12 & Manta ray 12 propel
Real Name: Rob

Re: Central Vic

Postby robdog » 05 May 2018, 09:55

Ps.I work shift work and my wife works Monday to Friday ,so I mostly fish week day on my days off. The benefit is I can escape the crowds.
Cheers
Rob
robdog
Apprentice
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 18 Sep 2011, 21:37
Location: BENDIGO, VICTORIA
kayak: ultimate 12 & Manta ray 12 propel
Real Name: Rob


Return to Say G'Day

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest