I've Joined the Revolution!

Show off your kayak!
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Re: I've Joined the Revolution!

Post by Reeling »

Hey peter,

I bought the cam lock from supplier on ebay, but I found a place in Williamstown who had a selection of boating hardware: https://www.powerdrivemarine.com.au/

I have only used the cam with my drift chute and what I did notice was that without a top cap on the cam there wasn't enough tension in the cam to keep it locked in and I ended up temporarily losing the chute. Having said that, this was at Campbells cove when the water was quite lumpy but not much wind. I have yet tried out with anchor.

As for Scotty mounts I got some stuff from SLH but found macleanoutdoors (https://macleanoutdoors.net.au/) cheaper for some Scotty stuff. I also bought some scotty stuff when I went back to UK over Christmas
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

peatop wrote:Nath where did you get the cam locks from? Also im looking for a scotty dealer im after 2 mounts prefer around west side of melb.
Annoying thing is few people stock a comprehensive range of scotty, usually just a few lines, and not always the basics at that.

Get those dry pants you wanted from SLH, get them free posted and add some scotty mounts in to the order.

Cam cleats are great for items under constant tension such as anchor ropes. Loose ropes can easily come loose eg Naths issue with the drift chute, as you are constantly hauling in and redeploying without necessarily reinserting and tightening. Regular cleats and in particular zig zags are best for this. I actually just clip drift chute to trolley as it is easier to adjust drift angle moving trolley and you dont have the same retrieval difficulties you can have with getting an anchor side on
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

yes, This is what I do regarding free postage from SLH.

I will also just clip to anchor trolley for drift chute as there isnt the same large load going through the drift chute as say anchoring in WP.
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

laneends wrote:
peatop wrote:Nath where did you get the cam locks from? Also im looking for a scotty dealer im after 2 mounts prefer around west side of melb.
Annoying thing is few people stock a comprehensive range of scotty, usually just a few lines, and not always the basics at that.

Get those dry pants you wanted from SLH, get them free posted and add some scotty mounts in to the order.

Cam cleats are great for items under constant tension such as anchor ropes. Loose ropes can easily come loose eg Naths issue with the drift chute, as you are constantly hauling in and redeploying without necessarily reinserting and tightening. Regular cleats and in particular zig zags are best for this. I actually just clip drift chute to trolley as it is easier to adjust drift angle moving trolley and you dont have the same retrieval difficulties you can have with getting an anchor side on
That was the idea but they are out of scotty deck mounts and tell me that new stock have been upgraded and will double in price. Still i think they are the way to go for the berkely qs holders ;) the cam locks are for my anchor.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
peatop
PHD in Yakology.

Post by peatop »

I wonder if a revo might be on the market soon lol, i dont think so but it seems someone is really enjoying their new glass :up: ;) lol
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

peatop wrote:I wonder if a revo might be on the market soon lol, i dont think so but it seems someone is really enjoying their new glass :up: ;) lol
I wan to say that it's the most expensive thing in my garage collecting dust...if only that were true :roll:

I'll be using it again soon,...when I need squid :shifty:

peatop
PHD in Yakology.

Post by peatop »

Lol, im sure when the novelty has worn off a bit you will use the revo a lot more ;) not saying the steath is less in usefulness or anything.
Mind you it's really personal preference isn't it? I have a PA so if i had glass too, i would use the PA when fishing local bays and more than likely use the glass for offshore, as that would suite my style, however i dont own a glass yak so it's not possible to answer with certainty ;)