Hi , a beginner kayak

New? Say G'Day here!
agnes
Apprentice
kayak: nextgen 9

Hi , a beginner kayak

Post by agnes »

Hi , everyone . I bought a paddle kayak :yahoo: nearly a month. went out 4 times ( Sunday .....windy :cry: ) . very enjoy paddling , new start to fishing and the way to enjoy life :up: , still learning the skill and would like to learn more from here. I used to land based fishing (PPB , WP) but prefer western port . Hope I can go out fishing with member here . HAPPY FISHING !!!
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Re: Hi , a beginner kayak

Post by cheaterparts »

agnes wrote:Hi , everyone . I bought a paddle kayak :yahoo: nearly a month. went out 4 times ( Sunday .....windy :cry: ) . very enjoy paddling , new start to fishing and the way to enjoy life :up: , still learning the skill and would like to learn more from here. I used to land based fishing (PPB , WP) but prefer western port . Hope I can go out fishing with member here . HAPPY FISHING !!!
Hi there Ken I see you have made your way here - So welcome to Vyak

as I told you read through the safety section there are things there that you may not have thought of and staying safe is more important than catching fish
have you done any re entry practice - better to know how you would get back on in deep water before you ever need to
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
agnes
Apprentice

Post by agnes »

cheaterparts wrote:
agnes wrote:Hi , everyone . I bought a paddle kayak :yahoo: nearly a month. went out 4 times ( Sunday .....windy :cry: ) . very enjoy paddling , new start to fishing and the way to enjoy life :up: , still learning the skill and would like to learn more from here. I used to land based fishing (PPB , WP) but prefer western port . Hope I can go out fishing with member here . HAPPY FISHING !!!
Hi there Ken I see you have made your way here - So welcome to Vyak

as I told you read through the safety section there are things there that you may not have thought of and staying safe is more important than catching fish
have you done any re entry practice - better to know how you would get back on in deep water before you ever need to
Hi Cheaterparts ,Thanks again :thumbsup: . Already TIP OVER . The first time I went out to learn paddle at Flinder Pier in the evening around 7pm. Before going out I have watched a lot of self rescue video on YouTube. So lucky that I can get back on but the water is calm. (Don`t know when the swell up to 1m.)
The third time I went to Sunny Beach on Sunday where near Mornington in the afternoon . OMG ! SW wind about 13 knot :o when I was out there . Even lost my DIY anchor. But again .....Lucky that I `m still here. :lol: :D
Because of the budget and I`m new, so I try to take less fishing gear as possible. ( no any camera)
last Sunday (windy) I went to Patterson Lake to practice , just find out can not fishing behind the gate area( residential area) after I caught my first Bream :yahoo: from kayak. Now I try to DIY another anchor then go out and try again( the weather allow)
Still a lot to learn .....But I definitely enjoy :yahoo: every time I go out even feel tire. hope can go out with your guy and learn more .
Life too short , Life is a journey . Happy Fishing everyone!!!
vicyak
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie PA 14

Post by vicyak »

Hi Ken,

At least your thinking about safety. I never go out without my anchor in the bay. For me it is a must have for safety. I hold position if winds gets too much. This weekend wind looks unsettling and could blow up any time. I'm not heading out.
Jacko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Jacko »

Hi Ken,
Another way to learn the sport is to do a kayak fishing course.
East Coast Kayak in Sandringham run them and so does Eoin (Seasherper).
I did an introductory course a few years ago when I first got into the sport & met a lot of Vyak members on the course.
leap
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Stealth 575

Post by leap »

Jacko wrote:Hi Ken,
I did an introductory course a few years ago when I first got into the sport & met a lot of Vyak members on the course.

I agree with Jacko. That money is worth spending :thumbsup:

I did my course at East Cost. Highly recommend Eoin (Seasherpa), he taught me how to paddle properly :)
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

leap wrote:
Jacko wrote:Hi Ken,

I agree with Jacko. That money is worth spending :thumbsup:

I did my course at East Cost. Highly recommend Eoin (Seasherpa), he taught me how to paddle properly :)
and how to buy a stealth :lol:
agnes
Apprentice

Post by agnes »

Thanks guys , I will call them .