I've Joined the Revolution!

Show off your kayak!
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Re: I've Joined the Revolution!

Post by peatop »

No one will see you for the glow now :lol: :up:
You better wrap some around your wifes arms and legs, she may get jealous with all the time an money you give your yak ;)
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

Ticking the jobs off the list. Cam-cleat fitted for anchor rope and no longer have the anchor rope attached directly to the anchor trolley

Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
peatop
PHD in Yakology.

Post by peatop »

I made anchor trollies for both sides then searched for pullies, which were proving difficult to find, so was going to buy 2 trollies, then Keith put me onto them, looking at Shane's setup on his PA seems good, although i have found on some occasions i like to have my anchor out the front, i use a handline spool for my anchor cord, with the end of the cord passing threw the handline and clipped to a "D" mount and just tie the anchor cord to the trolly. The issue with this is, no quick release maybe your idea might work ;)
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

up until now I had a series of loops tied in my anchor rope and would clip onto the hoop on my anchor trolley providing a quick-ish release system, but all of the load would be connected to my trolley. Not an issue with low current flows like PPB but i did have difficulty once or twice in WPB.

This will now make it a true quick release and the load will be on the kayak
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

chunk9000
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Pro Fisha 525

Post by chunk9000 »

Looks good Nath and definitely make you more visible. I'll have to do something similar with mine.
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

You how this goes dont you? Spend a fortune on accessories, get it almost just right, then flog it and get a stealth and start again
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

laneends wrote:You how this goes dont you? Spend a fortune on accessories, get it almost just right, then flog it and get a stealth and start again
:lol:
peatop
PHD in Yakology.

Post by peatop »

:lol: x 2 lol been thinking the same with mine, but then i know im buying a new yak sometime this year ;)
Seasherpa wrote:
laneends wrote:You how this goes dont you? Spend a fortune on accessories, get it almost just right, then flog it and get a stealth and start again
:lol:
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

chunk9000 wrote:Looks good Nath and definitely make you more visible. I'll have to do something similar with mine.
Thanks Trent. It won't be long before all the boats will be gone and we'll be the only buggers on the water so better be able to see eachother at least :)
I know I've mentioned a Stealth in the past, but who said anything about selling the revo??? Have you been talking to my wife again ;)

peatop
PHD in Yakology.

Post by peatop »

Nath where did you get the cam locks from? Also im looking for a scotty dealer im after 2 mounts prefer around west side of melb.