King Kraft 11 Pedal

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
Metime
Apprentice
kayak: Kings Kraft Peddle kayak -Malibu Mini X

King Kraft 11 Pedal

Post by Metime »

Hi one and all,
Newbie both to site & Kayak fishing. Have a Malibu mini X and been out only 3 times on the bay with friends..... approx 500m from coastline. Very much a nob. Love fishing and has been predominantly land based......Why? Wait for this........cause I suffer from motion sickness. lol! Take tablets to surpress. Things we do for our love! Been following this site for a while. Bought a rebranded king kraft 11 pedal from Anaconda a couple of months back during a sale. Always wanted a pedal but could not afford it. Could not find any hands on reviews on the kayak. Took the risk and bought it! Have not had the chance to try it out as yet due to work commitments & inclement weather. Wondering if any forum members have any experience or come across any independent reviews on its performance? Thanks
Wind Waker
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback, Hobie PA14 MD180,

Re: King Kraft 11 Pedal

Post by Wind Waker »

Metime wrote:Very much a nob.
:clap: :thumbsup: :clap:
Live long, fish hard and hopefully catch something.
Metime
Apprentice

Post by Metime »

I mean novice. Silly silly me!
choppers
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: prowler elite 4.5

Post by choppers »

:lol:
"Ye old town" Yak captures - gummy (116) salmon (32) flatty (35) yakka (28) silver trev (25) couta (38) plus all the garbage fish

Prowler victims - squid (30cm) Gar (36) Snapper (80 :yahoo: ) kgw (39)
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Is it one of these?
Metime
Apprentice

Post by Metime »

Yes That is the one. Only comes in white. By the time i get ink & blood on it it will have a natural colour scheme. lol
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

saw one of them at the preston BCF, the "experts" there had assembled it with the seat on backwards...

My initial concerns where that there wasn't much volume or bouyancy at the back which could cause an instability issue in rough weather, the rudder seemed rather small, and forward rod holders pretty unpractical which could cause you to unbalance reaching them.

I would say stick to pretty sheltered conditions with it
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

It looks very similar to a lot of kayaks sold by the chain stores, as Keith said stay in sheltered waters, keep your eyes open for a good seconhand kayak, as recommended by everyone on here 13 feet minimum, this will not only allow you to travel further but it greatly reduces the motion that makes you ill ;) don't worry we all started (and got hooked) somewhere.
I'm also new to kayak fishing and started with a small kayak very similar in build to yours, was great fun but very limited use, so upgraded to another cheaper one but better design, with the intention to upgrade to a hobie next season, having the longer kayak has opened up a whole new world for me, not just fishing hmmm ok mainly mainly fishing lol. Good luck be safe and ask questions, oh and have fun but be safe doing it.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Metime
Apprentice

Post by Metime »

Thanks guys for advice. Will be playing it safe & hugging the coastline to see what its capabilities are like. Just cant wait for the maiden voyage. Been working on the set up with the milk crate for storage. The kayak comes with 8 rod holders , 2 rotating holders just in front of seat and 2 at forward -useless like Laneends pointed out. 4 just behind the seat of which 2 can't be use once the milk crate is in place. The remainder 2 will need extenders. Bought a seconder Rhino side loader to assist in loading onto roof of Toyota Avensis van. Will see how that goes.
mazman
Lord of the fish
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher and 2015 Hobie Outback

Post by mazman »

laneends wrote:saw one of them at the preston BCF, the "experts" there had assembled it with the seat on backwards...

My initial concerns where that there wasn't much volume or bouyancy at the back which could cause an instability issue in rough weather, the rudder seemed rather small, and forward rod holders pretty unpractical which could cause you to unbalance reaching them.

I would say stick to pretty sheltered conditions with it
I actually got a huge laugh out of this, then found out when one rocked up it's actually kings kraft putting the seat on backwards and that's how they rock up.
Still not a kayak I would recomend for many things. If you want pedals go with hobie or native imo.
Facebook page: Hawkesy Fishing
Youtube: Hawkesy Fishing