Hey everyone!

New? Say G'Day here!
Daniel86
kayak: Hobie Quest 13

Hey everyone!

Post by Daniel86 »

Thought id introduce myself, im Daniel new to the world of kayaks and fishing dont own a kayak yet but after going out with seasherpa yesterday on an intro and softplastics session im completely hooked was a real great day out and will now endeavour to do some O.T to purchase a kayak asap. Anyways looking foward to meeting people around western melb suburbs& geelong hopefully i can tag along to an outting one day as ive got no buddies at this stage to cruise/fish with ( need a yak first)

Anyways thanks for adding me guys loving all the info on here so far. :up:
Joshua
The force is strong in this one
kayak: 2011 Red AI - 2014 Dune Outback

Re: Hey everyone!

Post by Joshua »

Welcome Daniel!
Careful mate, the kayak fishing bug bites hard!
Best catch - Stingray on a hard-body
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Welcome Daniel.

Yep cought the bug last week, bad bug :shock: lol
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Munroe
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler 14, 420 Renegade

Post by Munroe »

It was a pleasure to meet and greet today Daniel. Now get some OT , get a yak and hopefully, I can get a yak trailer happening just in time for when Millers AND Geelong starts to fire up :evilgrin:
You're on the right foot with seasherpa :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard mate
Munroe
http://www.munroessoftplastics.com.au
PB snapper-83cm Flathead-68cm, Dusky Flathead-80cm,EP-39cm Bream- 38cm,Tailor-58cm, Mulloway-85cm
Daniel86
kayak: Hobie Quest 13

Post by Daniel86 »

Thanks everyone, and thanks munroe for the great plastics looking foward to using them to catch more fish both land based and in a kayak. Definitely hope to have a kayak within a month.
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

Hey mate,
Looks like you found your way here okay. :thumbsup:
There are a couple of guys on here that fish Werribee area a bit and with the weather warming up and snapper season kicking in you'll see trips being posted up that you might be able to tag along on.
Kayak in under a month- you really did get the bug! :D
tightlines
Square eyes
kayak: PA 14

Post by tightlines »

Daniel86 wrote:Thanks everyone, and thanks munroe for the great plastics looking foward to using them to catch more fish both land based and in a kayak. Definitely hope to have a kayak within a month.
Hi Daniel. I'm selling my PA. message me if you're interested.

Dan
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

Welcome Daniel,

I joined here before I owned a kayak to read up on as much as I could. Great info on safety and other aspects. Like you, I was new to kayaking as well as fishing (saltwater at least). I kept my eye out on here and before I knew it my desired make/model/size AND colour come up for sale at a good price. So keep you eyes open :shock:

Real friendly bunch on here who really don't mind sharing their knowledge of equipment and fishing areas.

Nath
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
chrisw
Square eyes
kayak: Dune PA14

Post by chrisw »

G'day Daniel,

Like you I caught the bug this year after an outing with seasherpa. Where you located? (you may want to add that to your profile so it shows in the right-hand column of your posts).