Fishing around my area

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
crozze
kayak: Stealth 2.7 Fishing Kayak Single 5 Rod

Fishing around my area

Post by crozze »

Hi lads,

Picking up my kayak in a couple of weeks looking for rivers around the gippsland area to fish my location is botanic Ridge area happy to travel 2hrs or less
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Re: Fishing around my area

Post by Digger »

I had to look Botanic Ridge up, is that a new suburb?

2 hours from there doesn't put you in range of rivers near me so I can't help sorry. If you want to come further at any stage PM me and I'll be happy to help.
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Post by bunyip »

Bass river, powlett river, Screw creek, Tarwin etc, don't know what is in all the drains around Tooradin.
I also had to look it up, travelled on Clyde Rd for the first time in a couple of months and didn't know where I was.
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

Digger wrote:I had to look Botanic Ridge up, is that a new suburb?

Digger --- B / Ridge you would probably know as Cranbourne sth

crozze wrote:Hi lads,

Picking up my kayak in a couple of weeks looking for rivers around the gippsland area to fish my location is botanic Ridge area happy to travel 2hrs or less
are you looking for fresh water or estuaries and targeting what fish ----

if you are looking close to home Warnett - Cannons Creek are on Rutherford Inlet ( an estuary ) only 15 or so Min from Cranbourne
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

cheaterparts wrote:
Digger wrote:I had to look Botanic Ridge up, is that a new suburb?

Digger --- B / Ridge you would probably know as Cranbourne sth

crozze wrote:Hi lads,

are you looking for fresh water or estuaries and targeting what fish ----

if you are looking close to home Warnett - Cannons Creek are on Rutherford Inlet ( an estuary ) only 15 or so Min from Cranbourne

Thanks Steve, I saw that when I looked it up but as I lived in Langwarrin for years I figured it must have been new.
crozze
kayak: Stealth 2.7 Fishing Kayak Single 5 Rod

Post by crozze »

Going out tomorrow Warnett any tips on bait and were to go first time there getting there around 5am
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

crozze wrote:Going out tomorrow Warnett any tips on bait and were to go first time there getting there around 5am
it would depend on what you wont to target and how far you wont to go -- first thing if you are launching near the boat ramp launch on the beach on the other side from the ramp or the ramp guy will hunt you for a launching fee - the beach on the other side from the ramp no fee and the bottom is sort of sandy

5 am is before sun up , hope you have a nav light it can get busy with boat traffic so you need to be seen

if you don't wont to travel to far head out the channel and fish along the edges of the channel - bait wise - Pilley and squid is always a good place to start
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

I'll be out from Warneet in the early morning fishing Quail Bank. First light is just after 7am and low tide at around 7.45am. I wouldn't suggest heading out before 6.15am if you just want to head up the channel towards the open port. Like Cheater said you have to launch North of the pier otherwise you're up for boat launching fees. If you just want to bait fish you can do that in the pier area but I'd suggest heading up towards the mouth of the channel and preferably onto Quail bank. I'll be fishing along Quail bank (right at end of channel) trolling for squid. I won't be out long, returning by 9am. If you are launching in the dark you must have good lights as boats using the channel won't be looking out for yaks.
0408 565 763