Game of the Century

Completely off topic!
twavvy
Lord of the fish
kayak: Perception Swing

Game of the Century

Post by twavvy »

I know it's only 10 years in to this century, but it has to be said that the effort from the Mighty Saints to overcome the Pussies last night was awesome. :D :D :D

Cannot believe Geelong fans are blaming one final decision when during the 2nd quarter Mooney kicked "a goal" that Zac Dawson clearly touched then their next goal came when Clint Jones was slung over without the ball allowing Stevie J to kick it - Dodgy umpiring all night both ways but the Saints deserved it. Well done boys and looking forward to Pies Vs Cats in 2 weeks! ;)
Trav
maccayak
Square eyes
kayak: A clean one with no fish!

Re: Game of the Century

Post by maccayak »

I barrack for the swans. Trav the footy gods where with you. I was watching it on TV delayed, I couldn't beleive that decision. If the decision was right then that umpire will get a game next week. That poor umpire was so rattled, he didn't even no who to give the kick to. Why did dawson take the kick. Have a look at you tube and daswon got a push in the back a split second earlier.

Does not matter now saints are there, and the final series is too heavily weighted on one side, saints should easily make it to the GF.

Normally in the final minutes the umps just let it go. Look at you tube and looks at the umps face and listen to mooney. You can just see it. Ooooh no what have I done! Imagine if that was a Grand Final. Unless its so obvious, just let it go and we wouldn't have to listen about it on talk back all weekend. Better judges that me have called it a poor decision, technically right maybe, but if we had a game full of technically right decisions, we would have 150 frees a match.

All I can say, If I was a Geelong supporter that night, I dont think the TV would be working today and I would still be sleeping in the doghouse.

Geoff, swans supporter.
Geoff Mobile 0438 383 764

VYAK Member No 0003
twavvy
Lord of the fish

Post by twavvy »

Yeah true, although I watched it on TV delayed and thought "Why the hell isn't it a 50m penalty?" as he blew it straight away.

I think it may have been the square-up for the fact Hawkins kicked a point in last year's GF that was given a goal and in the end basically won them the flag. Did Geelong supporters conveniently forget about that when whinging? :lol: Umpiring decisions DO cost GF's

As a Swans supporter Geoff, I think you may be playing us in a fortnight so don't be so quick to have us through to the GF! :D
Trav
Allan
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Allan »

I went on Friday night... and consequently am off work today, tomorrow and Wednesday with the flu... :(

Great game with plenty of drama but I honestly think that the GF result leans more towards Collingwood than ever now. The Saints are just too inconsistent this season in my opinion. They played ok on Friday but not awesome. Reiwoldt was great but it all depends on the intermediate players playing well. Hayes, Montagna etc always play well but it's up to the others such as Gram etc to lift. Saying that, the Cats were very disappointing... way more so than the Saints.

If I was a Collingwood supporter i'd be licking my lips right now. They are head and shoulders above the rest of the comp. Ouch... it hurts me to say that! :evil: I hope I am wrong because i'd rather see anyone left in it win above Collingwood!

If by some freak chance Geelong improved 200% and beat Collingwood... the ensuing GF would be awesome!

And to declare my allegiance? I'm nowhere near it... I'm an Essendon supporter.
twavvy
Lord of the fish

Post by twavvy »

Yeah the pies should win in.... As much as I hate to say it :twisted:
Trav
Allan
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Allan »

I think it helps to talk about it... :lol:
wembas
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Feelfree Moken

Post by wembas »

damned Feckits gonna be on fire if they win.... it will be unbearable !!! :evil:

lets hope they get the collywobbles again ! :D
twavvy
Lord of the fish

Post by twavvy »

To be honest I'll be sitting in the Bemm River pub watching the GF with a couple of mates, and I'd much rather have a 45cm bream or a thumper EP to my name from the morning session than to see the saints have a win.... Does that make me a bad supporter??? :D
Trav
maccayak
Square eyes
kayak: A clean one with no fish!

Post by maccayak »

Yes
Geoff Mobile 0438 383 764

VYAK Member No 0003