One for the diver's bucket list......

Into yak based Diving? Talk about it here!
SurfanFish
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: dorado, espri

One for the diver's bucket list......

Post by SurfanFish »

Its been a bit quiet in this section lately, it must be fishing season, but I thought I'd put this up for the interest of some of the divers. This is from a couple of dives a year or so back. The raw footage was fairly agricultural, it was taken with a GoPro 1 and I did all the wrong things but during a recent night of insomnia, I thought I'd have a crack at tidying things up and have a play with colour correction and deshaker filters etc. Still pretty rough, but better than it was and some good learning. Weather permitting, I'll have another crack at this with a better camera in a few months.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
yakhangger
Lord of the fish
kayak: cool kayak, Hobie Outback !! Adventure Island

Re: One for the diver's bucket list......

Post by yakhangger »

Very nice Rob...looks like a great place to dive. I can't wait to swim with sharks, thanks for sharing :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
PB Frog 490mm Squid 395mm Gummy 1080mm Bream 295mm Snook 589mm Leather Jacket 340mm Snapper 540mm Barracouta 635mm Garfish 430mm Rainbow Trout 340mm Cuttlefish 210mm Salmon 370mm Banjo 935mm Elephant 810mm Ghurkin fish 230mm Port Jackson 700mm Blue T Wrasse 490mm
SurfanFish
Qualified Fish Monger

Post by SurfanFish »

Thanks Merv. PM me if you are looking for a dive. Fairly busy for the next few months but will be trying to squeeze a few in.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
joffarob
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA 14 Dune

Post by joffarob »

Thanks for sharing rob, would have been an awesome experience :thumbsup:
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Post by Steve_R »

Did the Blue Groper hang around for long?

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/
SurfanFish
Qualified Fish Monger

Post by SurfanFish »

@joffa - there are some great sites up there.

@steve - it was a serial pest. Kept brushing past. Perhaps some operators feed them.
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

I did a dive at out of Coffs Harbour with a dive operator to the north in a marine park(?), site was called Fish Soup, and it was. There was a doco on TV about Fish Rock Cave recently a while ago and the shark population has recovered sensationally.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
SurfanFish
Qualified Fish Monger

Post by SurfanFish »

I did a few at Coffs inside the Marine Park around 2001 Mav. Still remember it well. Incredible fish life. The day I dived Fish Rock, there was 20-30 Grey Nurse, half dozen or so big wobbies and one rather intimidating 3m Bull.
blinky
The force is strong in this one
kayak: hobie outback

Post by blinky »

nice stuff. did i see a wobbygong and then a school of jews shortly after? that kind of diving would keep you coming back for a life time.
SurfanFish
Qualified Fish Monger

Post by SurfanFish »

blinky wrote:nice stuff. did i see a wobbygong and then a school of jews shortly after? that kind of diving would keep you coming back for a life time.
Yes * 3 mate. The mullie school was a real highlight.