Cheap Chinese Made Fishing YAK

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
joffarob
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA 14 Dune

Cheap Chinese Made Fishing YAK

Post by joffarob »

I have been looking around for a smaller cheap yak to launch easily in areas where the PA would be a pain to. I wanted something with just the basics, handles mid way so easy to carry and enough room for two rods and a little bit of tackle. Needed to have scupper holes same distance as the Hobies so could use the same trolley.

Looked around a bit at second hand ones on ebay and the cheaper ones at Anaconda, Ended up getting this one from Nightingales electrics in Altona. (Near Cemetery) They used to be located in the city corner of Spencer and Dudley and sell everything from Kayaks to fridges, powertools, waterpumps, kitchenware, fishing rods etc.

The two kayaks they do is a single & a double both rigged for fishing.

The single which i got sells for $375.00 and the double for $475 and from what i could see they have two colors available, Red with yellow patches and blue with white patches.

They advertise them as a Kingfisher kayak and but am pretty sure they are not the same as the other kingfisher kayaks ive seen around.

Ive got it wet once to test it out and was happy with the way it tracked.

Included with the kayak is a double paddle, forward mid mounted railblaza/scotty type rod holder. two flush mounted rod holders behind the seat, seat with pocket in the back, 3 sets of scupper holes with plugs. two round hatches with hinged lids. each has a molded bucket underneath for tackle etc. drain plug in the bow. molded handles front and back and handles either side mid way for lifting. both sides also have paddle holders fitted and a drag pad at the rear underneath.

The only thing that would be pain with this kayak is accessing inside the hull if you wanted to pimp it a bit with wires, extra support etc as both hatches have the the molded bucket in them, you would most likely have to drill out rivets and remove the hatch.

Great entry level/2nd Yak with all the stuff you need to get on the water straight away at a very cheap price.

I am not associated with nightingale electrics or the Chinese company that makes them.

The link to their website is:

http://nightingaleelectrics.com.au/3m-s ... sher-kayak

The unit they had on display is an older model and is not quite the same as their new stock

The specs from their website are:

Single Seat Kayak
One Double Paddles
Length: 300cm, Width: 80cm, Height: 40cm
Max Capacity: 130kg
Handles For Easy Lifting and Carrying
High Sides for Extra Stability
Made by High Quality Durable Material
Moulded Foot Rests
Wave Slicing Bow Design For a Smoother Ride
Bungee Cords on the Hull for Your Dry Bag etc
Fully Kitted Out For Fishing
Built In Bottle Holder
Attachments
Fish Finder.JPG
IMG_3686.JPG
IMG_3685.JPG
IMG_3675.JPG
IMG_3676.JPG
IMG_3678.JPG
IMG_3679.JPG
IMG_3680.JPG
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Re: Cheap Chinese Made Fishing YAK

Post by laneends »

mate should have kept the quest 11..i have my old cheapy I could have traded you if you wanted.

not seen that design before. It looks narrower than 80cm or is that just the camera angle?
Internal access is always a problem with cheap yaks. i think making good access without loosing structural integrity is what puts the cost up.

Would interested to know how it handles.
joffarob
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA 14 Dune

Re: Cheap Chinese Made Fishing YAK

Post by joffarob »

laneends wrote:mate should have kept the quest 11..i have my old cheapy I could have traded you if you wanted.

not seen that design before. It looks narrower than 80cm or is that just the camera angle?
Internal access is always a problem with cheap yaks. i think making good access without loosing structural integrity is what puts the cost up.

Would interested to know how it handles.
Just put the tape over it, 780mm wide x 2900 long.

The quest had a few to many things on it for what I want to be able to use this for and at the time I wasn't planning another yak. Still have money left over and was thinking about buying an Ultima swag. They look pretty good :thumbsup:

My one and only outing so far handled good