New and looking to buy a used kingy or ranger

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
shazzagraz
kayak: None

Re: New and looking to buy a used kingy or ranger

Post by shazzagraz »

juzzaf76 wrote:
shazzagraz wrote:
Scott Lovig wrote:I have a brand new Kingy for seat and paddle for cost price. $620.00

I make no profit on this so I hope no one minds me posting.

Cheers
Would've loved to have seen this post a week ago! I just bought a used kingy off eBay for $760 with garmin echo 300c sounder, seat, paddle, anchor, rudder, flag/light pole and batteries. Some things will need upgrading but it'll get me on the water for now at least. Would've been super keen for a brand new one at your price though, if only I'd checked the forum first :-( still happy with my purchase though.
This was a little while ago Shazzagraz. Not sure if it's something that comes up a lot, that cheap. But even a second handy with a finder etc for 760, sounds like you're on a winner anyway. I love my Kingy and cant wait to get out again and again!
Haha yeah I just came back to have another look at the forum and now noticed that there's a page 2 to this thread lol. It's a shame that this forum isn't tapatalk enabled for friendlier mobile use.

Yeah definitely happy with my purchase, just need to get myself a PFD and I can get on the water. Gonna have a good read through the safety section on here though before I do head out.
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

shazzagraz wrote:
Haha yeah I just came back to have another look at the forum and now noticed that there's a page 2 to this thread lol. It's a shame that this forum isn't tapatalk enabled for friendlier mobile use.

Yeah definitely happy with my purchase, just need to get myself a PFD and I can get on the water. Gonna have a good read through the safety section on here though before I do head out.
We looked at making it tapatalk but canned the idea as it has been flagged as a possible security threat.
I never have issues using an android or Apple and a native browser or chrome, what issues are you finding when using your mobile?

Congratts on the purchase and please do have a good read of the safety section and make sure your lit up at night, no fish is worth dying for.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
shazzagraz
kayak: None

Post by shazzagraz »

Widsa wrote:
shazzagraz wrote:

We looked at making it tapatalk but canned the idea as it has been flagged as a possible security threat.
I never have issues using an android or Apple and a native browser or chrome, what issues are you finding when using your mobile?

Congratts on the purchase and please do have a good read of the safety section and make sure your lit up at night, no fish is worth dying for.
I have heard of the possible security threat but I'm pretty sure they fixed that up. One of my friends runs another forum that is tapatalk enabled and I remember him talking about his concerns at the time.

I have no issues viewing it with a web browser but tapatalk just makes the experience so much better for mobile use. The layout is perfect with tabs to view unread posts, participated threads, general browsing of the forum and more. It's also sized perfectly so it's easy to read. In a browser I find I need to zoom in to read posts comfortably, but then the body of text sometimes extends wider than the screen so I am constantly scrolling left to right. It also only loads the text without any of the unnecessary graphics that a browser loads, so pages load quicker and if you're using your mobile data (when you're not using wifi) it doesn't use up as much of your monthly data quota. I also view the majority of my other forums in tapatalk so it's handy to have them all accessible in the one place.

And thanks, yeah safety is definitely the one thing I don't want to overlook. The kayak came with a pretty nice light/flag pole so if I ever do get on the water at night I'll be very visible.
I was working at south wharf today and popped into anaconda to check out their PFD's but didn't really like what they had to offer. Any suggestions on where to buy a decent one, preferably under $150?